Raiders of the Lost Ark Marketing Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders of the Lost Ark Marketing Films

A request of our fellow members, could someone who own the Marketing Films digest of Raiders of the Lost Ark, put a video of it, the whole digest on YouTube? I need it for reference. Thanks ahead of time, OSI

There is an interesting discussion of this digest here.

I just found out that someone I know has a super 8 copy of RotLA. It’s colour with magnetic sound, 330ft (on one reel, so I’m guessing it’s fairly abridged!)

Haven’t looked at it very closely, but it seems to be clean and complete - I was wondering if there’s anything particularly interesting about this version, or interest in preservation from a purely nostalgic point of view?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	super8_raiders.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	48048

Comment

Confirming the running time shown above. The box of Copy 1104 says "Approximately 110 metres".

Comment

Ed

I bought a copy new when it first came out, and to be honest I didn.t think much of the editing, and in particular the short running time. I got rid of it soon after buying it for those reasons something I did not normally do.

Comment

My original now has a new owner and the colour has held up well also dubbed in Stereo mid 80s.
          The main attraction of the 400 was that Mr Spielberg oversaw the editing for it and one of the best marketing releases.
          I still have the stereo master here from back then a good memory.

Comment

I saw it at one of the film shows in Blackpool. It is a good edit as far as showing what happened in the film, but a full 600ft would have been much better. I think I saw it when released and thought it wasn't for me, so didn't buy a copy.

Comment

Lee, would it be possible to get a copy of your stereo soundtrack? If so, please PM me and I'll send you my new email. I agree with that other point. This would make for a great 600ft digest. Especially if it could be sourced from digital source, as JAWS and Jurrasic are, as well as a number of other releases, and, at least, in letterbox, if not scope.

Comment

Opened the cellophane on mine.Colour is OK but it isn't much of a story(I reckon Os;-))

Comment

You never know a 600 would be great. I've been saving for the full feature nearly at my target and looking forward very much to it.
                  Pm me osi re 400 thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Mannering View Post
                    You never know a 600 would be great. I've been saving for the full feature nearly at my target and looking forward very much to it.
                    Pm me osi re 400 thanks
                    You and Me Both! I can’t wait until I can place and order for a new REEL IMAGE print.

Comment

Lee, I tried to PM you, but it said that you are not receiving PM's

Comment

Sent you pm Oz

Comment

Got it, and I hope you replied.

Comment

Did you know that Marketing Films International had planned and designed boxes for a 3x400' version just before they went under, I still wonder if it got as far as a test print, now that would be a rare film, if it exists!

Comment

MOST DEFINITELY! It would be great if someone could actually come up with the box art from them. it would seem that if they would produce the box art, they would have had some kind of negative produce and, as you say, test prints. OK, this is a job for a real Indiana Jones, to find the Lost Print! (cue Indy music!)

Comment

Working...
                              X