No announcement yet.

Elmo st 1200 toothed belt replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo st 1200 toothed belt replacement?

Dear Forum,
    One on my Elmo 1200's is the old blue version, with no sub letter identification It uses a toothed belt for the rear take-up and although it is lacking some tension, it still works but I do wander how long it will last. What is the replacement for this belt? On Ebay there is no toothed belt offered. I note that the pulleys do not have anything to engage with the teeth on the belt so a smooth belt must be workable I presume.
    Thanks.

It will probably keep going. I do have some refurbished parts for the original st1200. Sound heads, toothed belts, arms, various parts.
    mail eastlancsfilmfair@yahoo.com if you ever get stuck within England.

Comment

Thanks Lee for the info.
      I guess the belt will last for some time as I have not seen many posts in the past referring to it.

Comment

I have an ST-1200HD (silver) and the long belt is just square-profile in V-groove pulleys. Is it possible that the toothed belt is just to allow the belt to bend around the tight radius pulleys and the square belts would work in the same place?

Comment

On the Van Eck web site the blue early ST-1200 is shown in one photo as having a toothed belt across the top (for each spool arm). However, the spare belt as advertised for sale does not appear to be toothed.
          Item - SKU: BT-1017-T @ € 14,85.

Comment

Working...
          X