Click image for larger version

Name:	8B9EA7CA-C4C8-41C6-A756-6388A417D991.jpeg
Views:	195
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	48527 Click image for larger version

Name:	99A90EF2-AA1B-486A-B194-6C7C04090064.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	48526 This week my sister has in-laws visiting and she asked me to bring over the HomeMovies that were shot by her father-in-law and I said with pleasure

Whereas today most people would do the same thing but with DVD or VCR's I had an absolute blast doing this with film

Something similar happened to me last week, Chip. We arrived filmless at my sister's house for Thanksgiving only to find their Moviedeck set up in the family room with a tripod screen. We watched their home movies, which are in pretty decent shape. Among them was their wedding "video", which isn't video at all but an S8 film done by their wedding photographer. What a great chance to see my Mom and Dad substantially younger than I am today!. The same thing happened to my son: he's 19 now and I am 14 in the wedding film.

Before we started out, I pointed out the Moviedeck to my son and asked him about it. I got just the reaction I thought I would: "It's a slide projector.". My first machine was a Moviedeck of the exact same vintage (both bought the same Christmas), but I went into sound right around the time my son arrived. I don't think he's ever seen me using it.

Comment

Working...
    X