Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Young
    replied
    Hi Clive. I believe what is happening here is that the claw on your standard GS is just catching the edge of the sprocket holes on certain prints. This is because the fixed guides that align the sprocket hole edge of the film in the gate are probably set slightly differently to the guides on your Xenon (possibly even a micro millimetre difference).

Some prints don't quite meet the tolerance of 8mm and some projector gates are more forgiving than others. Also, possibly someone has fiddled with gate alignment in the past.

This can be adjusted by yourself BUT it is a precision job which really should be done with the right alignment tools and, ideally, a qualified person.

Leave a comment:

• Clive Carmock
    started a topic GS1200 sideways judder

GS1200 sideways judder

I wonder if anyone else has seem the problem I am with the non Xenon GS1200 I have? Some films when run exhibit at intervals a rapid side to side judder in the projected image. The same film run on my Xenon GS1200 does not exhibit the problem.

The gate area is clean. The side pressure pads are clean and free to move and do rest against the edge of the film correctly.

I had wondered if some dirt had got in and was holidng those pads away fom the film, but have found that isn't the case.
    Any advice much appreciated.
Working...
X