• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maurice Leakey
    replied
    Rodrigo

That is good news.

I know it sounds stupid to insert a new lamp with the projector upside down, but believe me, it's rather more difficult with the large wooden blimp 16mm Bell & Howell sound projectors. These use a similar lamp design but overall larger due to their higher wattage.

Click below to see the first Bell & Howell 16mm sound projector made in England under licence in 1948. It's a 601. I have its much later brother the 8636 - Maritime.
    Bell & Howell-Gaumont Model 601 movie projector - MAAS Collection

Leave a comment:

• Rodrigo Lueje
    replied
    Hello Maurice,
    I have already received the lamp you recommended and ¡¡¡¡ works perfectly!!!! I had to turn the projector upside down to put it in .
    Thank you very much for your help. We continue to complete the collection. Happy new year 2022!!!

Leave a comment:

• Maurice Leakey
    replied
    No.
    The vertical tongue (spigot) will only go in upwards.
    Or, downwards, if projector is upside down.

Leave a comment:

• Rodrigo Lueje
    replied
    I will do so 😊 I guess another way is to hold it from above by opening the top cover.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Maurice Leakey
    replied
    I agree.

Here are details on refitting a lamp:-

Insert the lamp with the vertical tongue (spigot) facing towards the front of the projector. Revolve it slightly one way and the other until the tongue settles in its slot. Replace the screw cap, making sure it screws in squarely and tightly to lock the lamp in position. Note that the screw thread is very fine and great care is necessary in locating the screw cap in position before rotating.

I know this sounds ridiculous; but sometimes I have held the projector upside down to do a lamp replacement. This is necessary as the lamp has to be gently pushed up and somehow held in position whilst the other hand fits the screw cap. By being upside down the replacement is much more easy to accomplish.

Leave a comment:

• Rodrigo Lueje
    replied
    I don't have the original lamp but I guess this one will work for me. https://www.ebay.es/itm/254841790234

Leave a comment:

• Maurice Leakey
    replied
    I did not notice that the Mazda 400 watt is an A1/87. This will not fit.
    Have you got the original spent lamp? This will enable you to measure it to confirm that a replacement lamp is the same size.
    I am of the opinion that any lamp which marked as an A1/47 will fit.
    I have just checked the spare lamps for my 606 H and they are certainly marked A1/47 and are 500 watt.

Leave a comment:

• Rodrigo Lueje
    replied
    I have written to the seller and he tells me that he doesn't think that the 500W will work for me as they have different measurements, what do you think?

Leave a comment:

• Rodrigo Lueje
    replied
    Ok. Thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• Maurice Leakey
    replied
    Both lamps will work. They are for the 8mm Bell & Howell. You will see the spigot (pin) used for locating.

Leave a comment:

• Rodrigo Lueje
    replied
    Photos
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Rodrigo Lueje
    replied
    This one is 500W, would it also work?
    https://www.ebay.es/itm/254841790234

Leave a comment:

• Rodrigo Lueje
    replied
    I find this in Spain https://www.ebay.es/itm/264749020506...IAAOSwGFRe0-MG

Leave a comment:

• Rodrigo Lueje
    replied
    Hello again, That is indeed the projector. It uses a 500W lamp. I also have the 606H model. I will look at the link you send me. Terry, it is very interesting to know that you have lamps because I am missing some in my collection of 8mm projectors. You are very kind. I will keep looking

Leave a comment:

• Terry Sills
    replied
    Rodrigo
    Sorry to raise your hopes. Had a look but no A1/87 lamps. I do have many many old stock lamps if anyone is looking for a particular one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X