Focus slips on Sankyo Dualux 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focus slips on Sankyo Dualux 1000

Any ideas how to fix Focus that won't hold on Sankyo Dualux 1000 ?

Can you elaborate? Does that gradually goes off, or it suddenly jumps?

Comment

It does both, sometimes gradual, sometimes immediate.

Comment

It is a problem with Sankyo's. The plastic wears where the focus knob connects to the plastic lens barrel. There is too much slop and the moment you set the focus, it starts to drift due to the projector vibration. I bought a brand new Sound 501 in 1979 and after about 2 years it started drifting and then got worse. I still have it, just don't use it. The same set-up was used on the Sankyo Stereo 800 which I had later. The projector was really nice in all aspects except this focus drift problem. Not sure what an easy fix is.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken there's a leaf spring next to the focus knob pressing to the lens barrel. It's used to "hold" the lens steady not slipping back/forth the sleeve. This might get weak hence less grab.
          Try removing it out and bend the tip a bit inward to increase the grab - might help somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by Nantawat Kittiwarakul View Post
            If I'm not mistaken there's a leaf spring next to the focus knob pressing to the lens barrel. It's used to "hold" the lens steady not slipping back/forth the sleeve. This might get weak hence less grab.
            Try removing it out and bend the tip a bit inward to increase the grab - might help somewhat.
            Will investigate that possibility thank you.

Comment

I finally got around to checking it over, and remembered I'd had the lens out to clean the back side, so I pulled it out again and discovered I just had not put it back in properly the last time. Got it in properly this time and it seems to be working ok again.

My thanks to responders for suggestions.

Originally posted by Nantawat Kittiwarakul View Post

Comment

Working...
              X