Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elmo ST1200HD track to track help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo ST1200HD track to track help please.

Hi I have a few films I want to move track 1 to 2 then back again to freshen them up.

But I simply can`t find my HD manual.

I`ve got the 3.5mm to 3.5mm lead but I can`t remember where it goes in to take track one out and when it then goes to take it in to record on 2.

And then I suppose vice versa, Many thanks, and sorry re my memory.

Many Thanks Mark.

Hi Mark,

ST-1200HD user manuals are very common on-line.

https://issuu.com/filmmaker8.com/doc...ruction-manual

The machine I bought about 10 year ago came with a paper manual: I'll give you odds it was a printout of one of these!

-best of luck!

PS: I live close to Elmo, USA's headquarters. I hoped they maintained archives of documents like this so I got in contact.
    -They had absolutely no idea what I was talking about: from what I heard, I could have just as easily been talking to Elmo from The Muppets! (-come to think of it, the voice was similar! )

Comment

Wow! tells me that the work staff there is obviously young. Pretty sad.

Comment

We advance so quickly yet have no idea of the foundations layed.

Comment

Thanks Steve but can`t get it to load.

Might be my old computer, appreciated though.

RE Elmo memory all but gone but but I think the lady there who did spares was called Candy !!!

Bit strange in the UK.

Wish I had bought a box full of bits etc back then.

Best Mark.

Comment

Mark, I can't see how bouncing the audio like that is going to 'freshen it up'. All you're going to do is take the original source (track 1), copy it to a poorer source (track 2, narrower stripe, poorer bandwidth) and back. It's like taking a photocopy of a photocopy of a photograph. You are only going to end up with poorer audio than you started with. If it's a film that has a poor quality soundtrack to start with, and there are other available soundtracks (from dvd or Youtube) why not reach out and ask if anyone is willing to re-record it for you instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Todd View Post
              I`ve got the 3.5mm to 3.5mm lead but I can`t remember where it goes in to take track one out and when it then goes to take it in to record on 2.
              I once tried to move track 1 to 2 since the film was in German dub and I want to keep it while I would use the track one for the English soundtrack.

I once thought that route to record track 1 to 2 but it suddenly blew the ampli due to feedback.

I think there is a way to move track 1 to 2 using inside ampli but I forgot how to do that. But as other has mentioned above there is no reason to move 1 to 2 and record back to 1 as it would be poorer sound.

Comment

The Eumig 926GL has a buttons marked for this. I had a commecial print that only had the sound on the balance stripe and easily copied it to the main one.

Comment

Hi Stuart well my idea was to get a new 40 odd years life track if you will.

Not improved but restruck and held where it is for longer.

Well that was the plan so to speak, and maybe a little louder.

Best Mark.

Comment

Working...
                  X