Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last "classic era" super 8 sound projector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last "classic era" super 8 sound projector?

What was the last model of each of the great super 8 projector s? Last Eumig? Last ELMO? Last Chinon? That, and, if not one of those companies, what was the last super 8 projector during the classic era? Not including projectors attempted in the later years, you know, millennium and such.

I believe the S940 by Eumig was the last of their Super 8 sound models.

Comment

There was another labelled Eumig after that, but it was manufactured by Silma and was nothing like the real ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post
        There was another labelled Eumig after that, but it was manufactured by Silma and was nothing like the real ones.
        This was called "Eumig Memory Stereo 90". It also went under the name of "Silma Memory Stereo 90". Made 1982-83.
        In my opinion it's a load of rubbish.

Eumig Memory Stereo 90 – Spare Part Finder – Van Eck Video Services (van-eck.net)

Comment

I think Sankyo Stereo-800 is the last series for Sankyo. And surely GS-1200 and GS-800 for Elmo.

Comment

The Sankyo Sound 800 is dated 1980 by Van Eck. However, there are the P-1500 and the P-1600 which are dated 1982.
            But, they might not count as they are both silent only models, and Osi's title refers to sound projectors.
            Sankyo P-1600 Super 8 Silent Movie Projector HY 101660 | eBay

Comment

I think I once owned that Sankyo P-1600, then got rid of it ages ago.

Much like the very late vcr this P-1600 was, sadly, made as cheapest as possible. It's the proof that the market had shrunken down so much that it wouldn't worth pumping out any decent projectors anymore.

Comment

It depends on the company. Both Eumig and ELMO put out great projectors with very few mis-steps from begging to end, but your right, there were some downright film eaters out there near the end.

Comment

I would think the excellent Bauer T610 was one of the last? I'm basing that assumption purely on design and technology involved.

Comment

Fuji SD auto was the best light weight projector. Twin track magnetic optical sound and electronic touch button.
                    For the last 30 years I've had the transformer set to 220 volts ac overun with a 150 watt lamp in also with a f1 Fuji lens. A great fun little projector no problems

Comment

Working...
                    X