Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinon 7000 help

Hello Everyone!
    I am new to this forum. I have a Chinon 7000 sound projector and lots of old home movies. I purchased the projector and the camera in the mid 1970's.
    I haven't touch either for about 40 years until a week ago when I decided I would like to have the film digitized. The projector bulb does not come on. I replaced the bulb with the exact same type (12V 100W). The pins match. Bulb still doesn't light. Any suggestions or tips? Is there a fuse somewhere, perhaps?

The first suggestion would be that possibly the contacts inside the lamp holder have corroded during storage. Try removing and inserting the lamp a few times (with the power off) and see if there is any improvement.

Comment

Thanks, Brian, I will try that! Merry Christmas or should I say Happy Christmas! (My great-grandparents were fro Manchester)

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Goutman View Post
        Hello Everyone!
        I am new to this forum. I have a Chinon 7000 sound projector and lots of old home movies. I purchased the projector and the camera in the mid 1970's.
        I haven't touch either for about 40 years until a week ago when I decided I would like to have the film digitized. The projector bulb does not come on. I replaced the bulb with the exact same type (12V 100W). The pins match. Bulb still doesn't light. Any suggestions or tips? Is there a fuse somewhere, perhaps?
        I don't know about this model. But as mentioned, bulb contacts may need cleaning. The in and out several times trick may help.

Possibly, the unit is in auto feed mode in which case the lamp may not fully illuminate. Have you tried a film through to check.

Comment

Yes, I turned the dial to the correct position.

Comment

I fixed it! Thanks to those of you who responded!
            Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings, and a Safe, Healthy and Happy New Year!

Comment

Working...
            X