Is Classic Home Cinema still in business - No website for the last week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Classic Home Cinema still in business - No website for the last week

For the last week I have been trying to go to Classic Home Cinemas (Phil Shearer) and it appears it has been taken down. Hope nothing has happened to Phil and Classic. Thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone had any information.

Thanks

The web sites being changed, and fully updated Ken.

As far as I know all is OK there.

Best Mark.
    Last edited by Mark Todd; December 13, 2021, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I just ordered some things from him recently and he made no mention to me when we spoke that any changes were upcoming.

Comment

This an extract of their last newsletter : "OUR WEBSITE IS DOWN AT THE MOMENT

A NEW WEBSITE WILL APPEAR IN A WEEK OR SO - DO TAKE A LOOK WHEN YOU CAN.

SEASONS GREETINGS TO ALL OUR CUSTOMERS. HAVE A HAPPY PEACEFUL TIME.
        NEXT UPDATE WILLBE ON THE WEBSITE AFTER CHRISTMAS. FILM COLLECTOR MAGAZINE GOES TO THE PRINTERS NEXT WEEK - AND OUT FOR 1/1/22"

Comment

I just tried it and it was a dead end. I hope it is redesigned in some way as I found it was quite off putting.

Comment

I believe the whole system was giving him problems doing updates. I suspect it was outdated and will be replaced by an easier to use one with much better looks and easier to navigate.

Comment

Thank you for the information everyone!! Glad to hear they are just going through and update

Comment

Hi Ken, the correct spelling of Phil's last name is Sheard. Looking forward to his new Website.

Comment

I just remembered that the original problem he had was that updates involved using Flash, which has been discontinued and I assume the new web site design will be free of that and can be updated with greater ease and possibly more regularly.

Comment

Google say permanently closed hope they are wrong

Comment

Their latest Facebook entry:

Classic Home Cinema

December8at1:53PM ยท

THE CLASSIC HOME CINEMA website is DOWN at the moment. It will return in a few days with a BRAND NEW site, with all the bells & whistles, do keep an eye out for it.

As they have announced in the last email that there will be January sale I assume all is OK.

Comment

I wanted to send out a Merry Christmas message to all of the collectors, buyers and sellers, and to anyone who have it in their hearts to keep the Super 8 cinema alive. And best wishes for the new year! A special thanks to Phil for his dedication and service and to CHC. Where would we be without them? No worries.
                        We will see them again in the New Year. A special mention to Steve, Alex , Bert, Dave, Joe and Paul for making collecting something special.
                        Happy Holidays to all !

Comment

The website is now back online and completely updated too!

Comment

That's heaps better than his old site. Very cool update and moving forward into 2022.

Nice one

Comment

I'll have to go to my other machine to see it. Firefox on this one is "out of date" and Chrome states my clock is head and won't connect (it doesn't say what time it is expecting) and the update time button doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X