Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo st 1200 audio fix.

Hey there again

ok so I have now improved the sound and speed on my projector. The issue left is the warble. For some reason the sound appears to speed up and down creating a warble effect and would love to get that sounding more consistent. I was wondering if anyone knew what to check to help with this. I’ve lubed everything I can and just wondered what else I could do or maybe find out the issue.

I was told to take the flywheel pin out and take the metal off and bend it further in the direction it’s already bent in. I did that and also checked over all the gears.

does anyone have any other ideas of what to check.

Scott, it might be worth checking the green plastic arm which hold the sound head roller against the sound head. These often crack resulting in loss of necessary pressure to hold the film tight against the sound capstan roller. If it is cracked you can attempt a repair with a good epoxy (JB Weld) or Leon might have a replacement part.
    You also need to make sure that the little rubber drive wheel, which drives the flywheel from the fan motor worm gear in standby mode, is lifted totally off the flywheel when the machine is put into FWD projection mode. If the rubber wheel is not lifted off during playback it will induce WOW/WARBLE on the sound. To get it to totally clear the flywheel all you need to do is loosen the two screw and make the necessey positional adjustment to the position of the lever.

Comment

Working...
    X