Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shot daylight balanced film with camera's internal filter in place

Hi everyone,

After shooting a roll of super 8 vision 3 50D film, I realized that the internal camera filter was turned on for the entire roll. I was shooting with a bruan nizo 156XL and forgot that the filter must be manually removed by pressing a button on the camera body. Having shot with the internal filter in place, will the color from the footage be terribly off? I'm just worried that the footage having an orange hue due to the filter. Would appreciate any input you have to offer.

On a second note, the next roll I'm planning to shoot is vision 3 200T... has anyone shot daylight footage without using a filter? If so, how did it turn out? Just wondering how necessary it is to shoot with a no 85 filter.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

50D is designed to be shot with no filter so I'm sure it will be off but could be corrected out. I shot ASA100 with a blue filter simulating day-for-night and the lab corrected it to look natural.

Comment

That's definitely possible to color-correct it in the post. How "easy" it is would be another story.

Got so many rolls of tungsten balance film being shot WITHOUT FILTER ON sent in to scan. You can probably guess my foul language while attempting to color-correct these.

Comment

Working...
      X