Best ever 200 footer print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best ever 200 footer print

Last night we watched several Super 8 Christmas films, and among them was the Derann print of the Madagascar Penguins in A Christmas Caper. This has to be just about the best print of any 200 footer on super 8. The print is simply breath taking, just perfect in every way, with stunning sharpness, contrast, and color saturation. And the blacks are truly inky black. There may be equally good 200ft prints out there, but I have not seen them. This one is truly like watching 35mm and just shows the incredible capability of super 8 when everything is done just right.

I remember getting this with the news letter long long ago. The CGI stuff were really good quality prints, as well as the Madagascar Penguins I also bought at the time "Gone Nutty" and "For The Birds" all really nice prints. Derann for a very short time advertised "Geri's Game" and to this day I am still kicking myself for letting this one slip through and not get it straight away.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1030668.JPG Views:	0 Size:	125.1 KB ID:	50162

Comment

It's strange the lines we collectors won't cross, but my personal one is not buying CGI animated films on super 8. I can't really explain as to why. I wouldn't go to CGI films in the theater, and I won't collect them on super 8,but I am glad to hear that the prints look great.

Comment

I missed that Penguins film as I hadn't seen the main films then and didn't know what I was missing. In print quality terms some of the later Disney, Tom & Jerry and Warner 200ft cartoon prints produced by Derann are of almost unbelievable quality for Super 8 too.

Comment

Back in the good ole days, I always enjoyed receiving the Derann newsletter and FFTC in the post. That way you were always kept up to date with the latest and greatest from Derann. One highlight for me, was collecting new prints from there extensive range of "Silly Symphonies".

The image quality of them was simply stunning to watch, and to this day they are still looking really good . Prints of eg "The Grasshopper and the Ants", "Woodland Cafe" are only a few of what was around back then.

"Who Killed Cock Robin" in one below
          Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100232.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	50408

Name:	P1100229.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	50409
          Woodland Cafe..

Name:	P1100262.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	50410

Name:	P1100263.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	50411
          And of coarse some other films as well.... not Silly Symphonies...

Name:	P1100096.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	50412

Name:	P1100106.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	50413

Name:	P1100124.JPG