Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinon 9500mv projector problem

Hi all,
    I just got a new projector for Christmas a Chinon 9500MV and it powers up but does not run. It does not have a manual all it has is the power cord and the projector and the take up reel.
    The projector looks brand new the belts and everything are fine but the projector does not run. What is the proper voltage that it should be set at? I am not electrically inclined so I do not know how to fix this. Can anyone help me?

Jeffrey

You do not say in what country you live in. The projector will need to be set to your local voltage. This model is highly complicated and you need a manual to help you.

Oldtimer Cameras can supply both an instruction manual and a service manual for your model.
    Chinon 9500 Printed Manual (camera-manual.com)

Here is a video that may offer some help.
    How To Use 8mm Projector Chinon Sound 7000 MV - YouTube

Comment

I am in the United States

Comment

The 8mm Forum has some members in the United States who I am sure will be able to answer your voltage question.

Comment

Van Eck sells (together with a manual) fuses for this model, which strongly suggests your projector has at least one. I would started to check that. https://van-eck.net/en/spare-part-fi...e=Sound%209500

Comment

Looks nice and complicated. Hope it's working for you. I'd only run film you're not bothered about until you're familiar with functions.
            If you drink gin, unplug from mains whilst working with back off.

Comment

The Van Eck site quotes three fuses for this Chinon model.

1 x 2.5 AT
              2 x 2.0 AT

A= amp
              T = slow burn

A slow burn fuse includes a delay mechanism which allows short lower power electrical surges to pass without the fuse blowing.

Comment

Working...
              X