Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JURASSIC PARK & CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF Important Update.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JURASSIC PARK & CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF Important Update.....

Good news , fellow film fiends !

An " answer " print is in progress as I speak for J.P. and within a few short weeks prints of C.O.T.W. will be made for striping in Italy , THEN on to soundtrack recording in USA !
    It's been a LONG year-and-a-half in progress ! But it's finally going to happen .
    HOWEVER , at this time I DO NOT HAVE COSTS available . That will be the final update on this project .
    A note on C.O.T.W. - while we wait for the black & white film stock to arrive , COLOR stock will be used .
    I am currently working on having distributors in the USA and UK ( for UK and European customers ) . Hopefully this will happen .

If you have not submitted your email for final notification and information , leave me a PM with it . Those of you who did submit it earlier will automatically get the final update . Please DO NOT leave your email as a REPLY to this post . Click image for larger version  Name:	the-curse-of-the-werewolf-1.jpg Views:	3 Size:	64.2 KB ID:	5042
    Click image for larger version  Name:	jurassic-park-guydo-poster-nycc-exclusive.jpg Views:	3 Size:	110.0 KB ID:	5043
    So hang in there everyone ; you've done a lovely job so far !
    Your projectionist beneath the booth ,
    Dave
    Last edited by David Baker; February 28, 2020, 01:25 PM.

Hi David,

what length will the digests be?
    I heard about a 28-minute digest of "Jurassic Park" - ist that correct?
    What about "Curse of the Werewolf" - will this be a 600ft or a 2x400ft two-parter all well?
    If we are talking about the 1961 Hammer production in Technicolor - what would you need black & white film stock for?

Thanks for answering and best of luck for your projects,

Eberhard

Comment

Thank you for your interest ,
      Eberhard .
      J.P. IS going to be a 28 min. digest - in color . ( 600 feet )
      C.O.T.W. is on B/W stock , and several reasons for it . It will be a full 200 feet , with a 1 - min. TV spot at the beginning ( in B/W ) . ATMOSPHERE is the reason for B&W stock ( it had the look of the 40's Castle digests in B/W ) . Runs 10 min.
      Of course ALL this info is still available on the " old forum " - read only site .

Comment

I still have the original box - Shorty

Comment

Great Shorty . Soon you will have the film to go in the box !!

Comment

Unless I do first

Comment

I am curious what the source is. Is this taken from a 35mm element, or a bluray?

Also why go to all this trouble to make a digest? Why not print up the entire feature?

Comment

Why hello Brad and thank you for your interest .

In response to your questions - first , J.P. was taken from a 35mm print ; C.O.T.W. taken from a 16mm print . NO " digital Kinescopes " here !

Why go to all this " trouble " ?? - I believe J.P. is already available as a feature on super 8mm from The Reel Image . Affordability and having it as a digest seemed popular with over 100 members of this forum .
                C.O.T.W. was NEVER released as anything in super 8mm and a short digest with a tv spot bonus seemed an unusual treat !

Comment

I am looking forward to getting the JP print, well done David!

Comment

I'm also look forward to the prints! Thank you for making it happen David!

Comment

Are these prints being made to order, or will there be a small surplus available for those who haven't pre ordered?

Comment

Patrick and Evan thank you for your support !
                        Melvin , thanks for that very good question . As of right now , prints will be produced as they are ordered . However it is possible that a surplus could also be available .
                        Also everyone please take into consideration the current situation with the Pandemic virus that is affecting the globe . This may cause a delay in availability of these prints being produced so PLEASE be patient . Prints are manufactured in Germany , then are sent to Italy for the magnetic sound strip .
                        THOSE OF YOU WHO RECENTLY SENT ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HAVE BEEN PLACED ON THE " WANTED " LIST .
                        I have been notified that production has begun on prints of " Curse of the Werewolf " and will know more in another week .
                        Also these prints will be available from Classic Home Cinema in England / Europe and The Reel Image in America / Canada / Australia .
                        Many thanks to Steve and Phil !
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	curseposter1.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	5931

Comment

Just wondering if there has been any update on the availability of these prints yet ?

Comment

I'm on the order list not heard anything but hopeful.

Comment

Yes lee ......coming very soon....to a projector near you !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X