Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light baffle for GS1200

LIGHT LEAKAGE FROM GS1200

Unlike my various Eumig's. the GS1200 is a real light leaker - right out of the top of the lamp house grill and up onto the ceiling. This is quite annoying and distracting when projecting films, it can reflect back onto the screen and really reduce contrast and visual impact of the screen image.
    My go to solution has been for many years now, to simply stuff an old magazine or the newspaper of the day into the handle of the GS. positioning it so it overhangs above the lamp house of the GS, blocking the light spill while permitting adequate air flow.
    There has to be a better way!
    So here is my next generation design - a quantum leap from the stuffed newspaper prototype!
    Its very simple, but works extremely well. Just a piece of black cardboard , hinged to the top of the GS with tape, and a magnetic disc and plate to hold it up out of the way during threading and rewinding operations. When I started thinking about this I thought the air from the blower would lift the cardboard up, but suprisingly it does not,
    Anyway, it works great, totally blocking light spill, while permitting almost full flow of the air from the blower. And there is no significant weight increase or permanent change to the GS1200. Dirt cheap too!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_11454.jpg Views:	3 Size:	127.2 KB ID:	50445 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_11455.jpg Views:	3 Size:	156.0 KB ID:	50446

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02980.JPG Views:	0 Size:	149.8 KB ID:	50444
    Last edited by Paul Adsett; December 28, 2021, 10:14 AM.

Very creative, Paul!!!

Comment

This is a Problem I had with my machine too and the Light came out of the Window of my projection Booth and shine onto my left eye.
      But since about 10 Years ago I have to suck up the hot Air coming out of the GS 1200 because of getting very warm into the Booth in Spring and Summer.
      Now the Problem is solved for me too.

Comment

Great idea Paul! I have a low ceiling so this should help.

Comment

Believe me Joe it will make a big difference, particularly so in a small room with white ceilings. That light scatter on the ceiling from the top of the GS1200 is like having a 15w light bulb turned on in the room, it will definately degrade picture contrast. This simple baffle does the job and makes screenings more of a pleasure.

Comment

Working...
          X