Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super 8 film boxes

Greetings friends!

Does anyone know where I might be able to find some cardboard film boxes to store 600 ft reels in?

it has been surprisingly difficult to find basic boxes for 600 ft reels, so I was hoping one of you fine forum’ers might know a good option!

Thanks to all and wishing everyone the best!

Lincoln

Lincoln
    Here are some on Ebay.
    SET OF FIVE-HIGH QUALITY-600FT-CARDBOARD BOX FOR ALL 8MM & SUPER 8 FILMS | eBay

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
      Thank you Maurice! I sent a message to see if they ship to the US. I appreciate you looking for me.

Lincoln

Comment

Lincoln, I would contact Steve Osborne at The Reel Image here in the USA. I'm pretty sure he sells all the S8 box sizes including 600ft.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Adsett View Post
          Lincoln, I would contact Steve Osborne at The Reel Image here in the USA. I'm pretty sure he sells all the S8 box sizes including 600ft.
          Not following The reel image's website, Paul. But Steve does sells interesting items.

Comment

Yes indeed Reel Image have a wealth of items to help.

Anyone living in out of range places have a go at making your own. I re made the white feature boxes that hold 4x600 reels for 20 odd of my features last year, very therapeutic. Thick card A2 sheets are not cheap to do the job but can be done and well taken time.

Comment

Yea, I agree with Lee, just make your own from A2 card stock that are available in art supply stores. You just need to create a template from an existing box by opening the glued edge and carefully tracing it to your thin card stock. Use an exacto knife and straight edge to cut it out. Mark where it needs folds and use a straight edge and lightly score to get perfect folds. Glue the edge and you're done! You can also print out artwork and paste it onto the front of the box too, as well as edge labels with film information. Tip: use regular white glue on the box edge after construction but use a glue stick to attach artwork or labels...white glue will wrinkle the paper labels.

​​​​​Even the Blackhawk boxes can be made almost exactly like an original by using heavier card stock. Once the box is made the bottom part is just thin black glossy paper pasted and folded carefully around the bottom section while the top is just a color copy on thin paper also folded and pasted around the top cover. But of course that is much more complicated than just a simple one piece cardboard box and very accurate templates must be made...but it can be done well with practice and patience.
              Last edited by Joseph Banfield; December 29, 2021, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Practice and Patience indeed, Joe...Through the years, I have accumulated enough bottom-half Blackhawk to suffice for 400', 2x400' and more...all DNM (that has been my terminology for Darn-Near Mint), and categorically, also have the top halves of varying formats, generic and illustrated...this requires some P&P...however, I have also created some via card-stock. If one loves the film collecting realm, one must adhere to its vagaries...Shorty

Comment

I must say building boxes is somehow gratifying, especially when the results turn out well. With todays printing equipment the sky's really the limit in what you can achieve, especially when using large laserjet printers!

Comment

I have been in recent conversations with our favorite Super 8 procurer Steve Osborne and he has found an avenue that will soon let him begin selling 600 Ft boxes!

Comment

This just in! Here's an update about those Reel Image 600' boxes.

Comment

Working...
                      X