Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tron Home Release

A film I would love to find!

Did a print of the original Tron film ever release on Super 8 or perhaps a digest? I imagine it would look great on Super 8 or 16mm. I haven't been able to find much in the way of its home release history for small format film.

I was recently told I am just an old man in a young persons body because I love collecting film and have an interest in film history, which I'll consider to be a nice compliment because I love this hobby and the many great people here that I get to share it with.

Wishing you all the best,

Lincoln

I only know of the trailer to Tron being on a sci-fi trailer reel.

Comment

Yes! It was the absolutely BEST trailer release EVER, and I have been looking for one, uncut, for over 20 years, but sadly, most people who have a copy, have cut it up, to sell the individual trailers to make more money. Can't really fault them for it, but I want the full 400ft reel!

Comment

Lincoln - Being a 1982 film, 'TRON' was slightly too late to get a Walt Disney Home Movies release. The last 1980s feature to get a WDHM release was 'The Fox and the Hound' (1981).

In addition to the 400' mentioned, there were two individual trailer releases. One is a very nice USA trailer I have from Jeff films, which has masking at the top and bottom. The other is a full frame print that I think was from Derann, but I'm not 100% sure. I haven't run mine for a long time but I think it has some brief clips from previous animated films at the start.

Was the 400' an LA Films release - possibly the Sci-fi reel that also included 'Outland'?

'Tron' certainly appeared on 16mm (and was in the UK's Filmbank library) but don't recall ever seeing a print offered for sale.

Comment

Your right, Adrian! I so want to find that reel and yes, " LA Films".

Comment

Working...
          X