Sankyo 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sankyo 700

Can any one help me cure a loud chattering noise when running film on this Sankyo 700 please everything works fine , no damage to film just noisy my other Sankyo 700 is fine much quieter
    many Thanks and Happy New Year to you All

Where do you think the chattering sound is coming from? Have you opened up the back to see if you can tell where the noise is coming from? Look to see if the claw is moving correctly and unobstructed. Also check the shutter to see if everything is tight and running smoothly. Also check the belts and the pulleys. It could be a number of things causing chattering so maybe you can be a little more specific or post a video.

Comment

Janice,
      THank you for taking the time to reply the noise is only there when film running through the projector, new belts are fitted the cogs seem ok greased slightly, seems to come from shutter area . Are there any adjustments that can be made I do appreciate your time
      My other Sankyo runs smooth and a lot quieter
      Regards
      Trevor

Comment

I have had several Sankyo projectors which includes a Sankyo stereo 800 but not a 700. The feed mechanism on the 800 looks very similar to the 700. Check the claw to see that there isn't some fuzz bunnies attached to it. Fuzz attached to the claw can make it unbalanced. You might just take some alcohol and a swab and clean it to see if that helps. The shutter could also be bent and not in balance. This might be hard to determine. Other than the noise does the film appear to run smoothly through the feeder and the gate? Does adjusting the framer make any difference? These are just a few of the things I would try looking for if I was troubleshooting a projector. Hopefully some other members might have additional suggestions.

Comment

Thank you Janice , there was a build up of black fluff on the shutter blades cleaned off with cloth and brush using surgical spirits much better now I don't know why I did not notice it before , panic I suppose
          many Thanks again

Comment

Glad to hear the noise has improved. Sankyo's are well made projectors and I have had minimal issues with them... Nothing I couldn't resolve. Happy New Year Trevor!

Comment

Working...
            X