Bell & Howell 456 Film Drive Roller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell & Howell 456 Film Drive Roller

The rubber over the Film drive roller has become sticky and doesn’t work anymore. I believe the part number is 09624. I need this part and how to change it. Can anyone help? Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	50967

Here's a brand new replacement on eBay. I've purchased from this seller in the past, and he's very trustworthy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29391532642...4AAOSwU09dcEtj

Comment

Thank you. I have looked and searched everywhere. I can’t thank you enough.

Also, is there a belt dressing ( no slip) available to put on the belt on my B & H Lumina MX33? It’s weak but not broken. I know there is dressing to put on car belts.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis Laurito View Post
        Thank you. I have looked and searched everywhere. I can’t thank you enough.

Also, is there a belt dressing ( no slip) available to put on the belt on my B & H Lumina MX33? It’s weak but not broken. I know there is dressing to put on car belts.

Thank you

Lewis there are automotive belt dressings available on the market. Have you considered just replacing the belt with a new one? I'm sure they are available for purchase. In fact the gentleman who sells those feed tires in the link, also sells new belts. You may want to ask him if he stocks one.

Comment

Yes I have considered replacing the belt, but read where that is difficult. Will try belt dressing first.
          Click image for larger version

Views:	145
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	51048 Click image for larger version

Views:	143
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	51049

Comment

9Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.4 KB ID:	51052 I also have a problem with the large reel, it won’t stay on.There must be a u clip to hold it on. I made a u clip that seems to work but makes it difficult to remove. There is something missing but I am not sure what. Here is a picture of the reel hub and cover. Perhaps to can give me advice on this. Thank you. Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.4 KB ID:	51051

Comment

Lewis belt change is a pita on these model Bell & Howell's from research I just did. However, I found a DIY you might be interested in. This is a post from 2016 where someone was asking the same thing. Our very own (the one and only) Janice Glesser had a solution for this person back then. Here's a link:
              ​​​​​​https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...c;f=1;t=010838
              As far as the take-up spindle I'm not sure on that. I never owned a Lumina model. I did have a few model's 456, 466, and can't remember the other one. You could try asking Edwin Van Eck, he may know....https://van-eck.net/en/
              Also these projectors use the old style "fat" bulb if I remember correctly? There is an upgrade available being sold on eBay. I think it fits the 456 and several other models. This kit essentially upgrades to the more desirable halogen bulb. The assembly slides into the projectors bulb socket, and gives power to the new bulb, etc. Here's a link if interested. https://www.ebay.com/itm/174486665293
              I will say the 456 I had many years back was very kind to film, and was very bright with a 150 watt bulb. The 1.2 zoom lens was also very sharp.
              Anyways hope some of this helps you out. You have come to a great community of film collectors, etc.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. You have helped me immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis Laurito View Post
                  Thank you very much for your help. You have helped me immensely.
                  You are very welcome! The great joy of this hobby is helping others! Please let us know how you make out with these machines. An update on how things are going is always welcome here!

Comment

Working...
                  X