No sound on Eumig S926

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound on Eumig S926

I had excellent sound on my newly acquired Eumig S926 GL but now I have no sound at all either from the internal speaker or external outlets. I have renewed the fuse by the amplifier circuit board but that hasn’t made any difference. Has anyone got any tips on what I should try next to get sound back. Thanks.

Try the old trick of operating the recording control many times, but make sure there is no film in the projector!

Comment

Hi Bob,
      I had a very similar experience with a 936 recently. My fault turned out to be corroded contacts around the external speaker socket. Try spraying contact cleaner and plugging and unplugging into the socket a few times.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions but unfortunately neither of them made any difference. Still no sound at all. Any other ideas?

Comment

I would say check the pressure pads on the sound heads. There is a red plastic spanner tool for retracting them to clean the heads and if not put back or it has slipped open there may be no replay.

Comment

This sounds so silly, but it happened to me. I was working on the inside of my projector, and simply unhooked one of the wires to the speakers, accidentally. Hooked her back up, and she was just fine.

Comment

Is is just film sound that is missing, or is there a humming noise from all speakers?
              Or, is there complete silence?
              The controls on this model look like a church organ, are you sure you have selected everything necessary to play with sound?

eumig S926 GL Stereo Sound ทดสอบการใช้งาน - YouTube

Comment

Thanks everyone. I've tried all your very helpful suggestions but still no sound - not even a hum, complete silence. Not sure what to do next. Think I may need to find someone who repairs vintage projectors in the Keighley area.

Comment

Bob
                  Here is a link to three printed manuals, one Instructions and two Repair Manuals.
                  They may be able to help you.
                  I can recommend this firm whom I have used for years.

Eumig S 926 Printed Manual (camera-manual.com)

Comment

1 The 900 models are very shall we say delicate when plugging in things to the auxiliary sockets including anything speakers.
                    Only plug in anything to it when switched off.

2 Speaking for my 926 938 way back I killed the amp output transistors needing to replace and since seen quite a few with the same fault. Grr.

Age will be playing a part as well as retro design I think they call it.. I replaced both transistors and the two machines are working again.

Similar experience with Yelco and Fuji machines made from the same chassis.

Comment

Thanks for links to the repair manuals, Maurice. I have ordered them. Also, I think Lee may be right about the transistors. The loss of sound happened immediately after plugging in speakers. I will need to find an expert to help me if that is the problem.

Comment

Bob
                        The Van Eck site says that the amplifier contains:-
                        7 ICs
                        44 Transistors
                        74 Diodes
                        Quite a collection, so I wish you the best of luck.
                        Have you checked the speaker/speakers, correct impedance, also their plugs/wiring that you used before the no sound issue?

Comment

Checked everything I can think of with no success so looks like I’ll be sending it off for some professional repair work. It’s beyond my limited level of knowledge.

Comment

Bob
                            Have a word with John White. Perhaps he can help you.
                            John White Projector Repair | Welcome (the8mmshedshop.co.uk)

Comment

Exactly who I was thinking of calling first thing on Monday morning. Thanks again Maurice.

Comment

Working...
                              X