Eumig Sprocket and Gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig Sprocket and Gate

I'd like to do a video but information is important and shouldn't be put on hold

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220120_185939~2.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	52192 The image above is of 3 front sprockets from Eumig 700 and 800 series projectors. The rear or output sprockets share a similar identification but are visually larger in diameter. Much larger.
    From left to right and all looking similar in diameter numbered 1 left to 3 right.
    1 and 2 can be seen as a little different in diameter mearly by looking at the screw posts to the edge. Subtle difference. More noticeable is the spacer plater on sprocket 2. This is a giveaway to it being Super 8. The same is true for the larger rear sprocket (not shown). The Super 8 sprockets all require this spacer to accommodate the smaller, closer to the edge perferations. Check for yourself using Super8 and Standard8 film.
    Sprocket 3 is also Super 8 but thos time from later 800 models. Such as the 822, 824 and 804D. This sprocket uses the fixed Standard 8 sprocket that's permanently attached to those machines (and other models using the same system). Probably by physical necessity, the Super 8 sprockets have larger diameter disks than Standard 8 sprockets. This feature being used to advantage by these later 800 models.
    The gates also changed, I assume, when the sprockets attachment changed.
    For example 710D and 810D use the same sprocket and gate sets but the early 710s used more metal instead of plastic. The gates of the later 800s are not compatible with early 800s or 700s.
    This all may not be 100% accurate, but what is 😊

Attached Files

Sprocket no 3 is defineable by the black plastic locating lugs as opposed to the metal ones, these seem to fit only a couple of specific models as the lugs are a physically too big to fit in other machines?

Did you come across this or am I up to my own high standards by being totally wrong?

Nick Click image for larger version

Name:	Cartman.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	52398

Comment

No, you're right Nick. The plastic lug with cut out sprocket is off the 824 style machine. So those machines that leave the smaller Standard 8 sprocket disk fixed in place and have detachable Super 8 sprockets. That one is off my 804D.

With the Standard 8 disk remaining on the machine, there is no need for the spacer disk on the usual Super 8 sprockets as shown with the middle sprocket.

Comment

Just as a temporary video on Eumig 710D type and 824 type gate and sprockets. Sure I can do better, ie shorter and to the point!

From what I gather.

710D 810D use the same gate and pressure pad pairing and separate sprockets for each gauge (4 removable sprockets total, 2 each)

There will be other projectors using this system.

The 822, 824 and 804D all use the later system. Fixed Standard 8 sprocket and attachable Super 8 sprocket. Not interchangeable with the earlier 710D system. Although sprocket disks are the same diameter and tooth pitch.

The gates are also non interchangeable between 710D and 824 systems. 710D gate attachment does seem better.

Comment

Working...
        X