Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEAULIEU 708 EL (MONO/STEREO) : Lens Holder Repair Solution

Hello Beaulieu’s Fans,

I am proposing here a method of rescuing a Beaulieu 708 EL projector lens mount and which I designed a few times ago.
    The transport quality of the film is of the utmost importance on a projector and especially in the area where the image is formed and where the film is also driven.
    The lens support is a very high quality part on this projector: The guides are made of high strength steel, grinded and perfectly adjusted. Moreover, the holder is an aluminum cast part, quite well carried out.
    Unfortunately there is a little spoiled on the fixing side of the floating shoe, because the screws which hold it are a little too short. These are unconventional screws 2mm in diameter and their implantation is insufficient (less than 2xD). In short, if threading is damaged, it can be dramatic.
    Here is a small modification that will save the lens holder at a lower cost or lengthen the original fixings by taking advantage of all the existing thread thickness in order to avoid future problems.
    The "Hat" nuts were made in stainless steel on a CNC machine to keep original features.
    The screws used are also made of stainless steel.
    Both solutions were achieved according to rules of art and stay permanent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beaulieu.Lens Holder.Hardware Repair Solution .JPG
Views:	244
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	53016

Name:	Lens Holder Repair. Before.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	53017

Name:	Beaulieu Lens Holder Damaged Repair.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	53018

Name:	Beaulieu Lens Holder Mixed Solutions.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	53019

Anyone who is interested in a repair kit can drop me a message for more details.

Phil
Working...
X