Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig S910 - Bulb will not work

Hi,
    My Eumig S910 arrived today and it started off working great after I swapped the faulty takeup reel but whilst I was fixing it, another problem emerged. The bulb suddenly stopped working, no matter what I did I could not get the projector to function. After a short analysis I noticed that the bulb had in fact blown. I swapped it with two functional bulbs and neither worked so I take it that it is something wrong with the socket or the circuit. Is it worth attempting to resolder the socket or should I just render it a lost cause, I figure it could be the whole circuit but I don't know.

I am fairly new to projectors and my luck has been terrible, all three projectors I have tested have had issues and this one is closest to working. could anybody give me advice to fixing this and/or any substitute to unreliable halogen bulbs?
    Thanks,
    James.

Welcome to this great forum James, and rest assured that your problem will be resolved here.
    It is very common, in all projectors, for a faulty lamp socket to give the appearance of a failed bulb. So do the following:

1. Always checked a "failed lamp" with a meter to detect continuity between the two pins. If you don't get continuity then the lamp has failed and will need replacing. Also lamp pins can oxidize and cause poor contact, so clean those pins with a little emery cloth and try again.

2. But from your description the socket is almost certainly the problem and will need replacing. Just cut the 2 wires going to the lamp and connect up a new socket using a little connecting block and all should be well. GX5.3 Halogen lamp sockets with wires are readily available on Amazon

Comment

Hi Paul,
      Thank you for your speedy and informative response. I will order a block and socket tonight and update you on the progress.

Comment

James
        Here is what you need:-
        Ceramic Lamp Bulb Holder Halogen G4 G5.3 G6.35 Heat Resistant With Fly Leads | eBay

Comment

Thank you very much Maurice, I was having trouble finding one outside of the UK and yours is in the UK, great!

Comment

My god! It works, thank you all so much for your great advice and assistance.
            Very much appreciated,
            James.

Comment

We always try to help.

Comment

James, Great news and another great projector springs into life. Happy Screenings.

Comment

Working...
                X