Laurel and Hardy - unidentified title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laurel and Hardy - unidentified title

I have most of Laurel and Hardys films on dvd and super 8, but there is a film on eBay uk at the moment which from the front cover I don’t recognise. The title is in German and only translates as wedding stories. But shows Stan Laurel dressed as a woman linking arms with Ollie. It could be amongst their last films which were not so good. Does anyone know?

Click image for larger version

Name:	9BA6FC04-0F11-4F65-BEAA-472071A55B3D.png
Views:	269
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	53248

Actually, it's publicity photos from 1931's OUR WIFE (the Ben Turpin picture), then the later JITTERBUGS (1943)...nothing unusual...Shorty

Comment

Our Wife (Short 1931) - IMDb

Comment

Yes, I know ‘Our Wife’ a classic. Jitterbugs is a later effort that I have not seen. I thought it was implying the pictures were both from the same film. Tonight I will screen a new find in a metal canister, 16mm marked ‘Hats off’

Comment

I'm sure I saw 'Hats off' once, as part of a double bill with 'The Rogue Song'. Could be mistaken though?😉

Comment

I'm not selling my prints...lol...Shorty

Comment

It must be "Our wife" as the German title says, "Hochzeitsgeschichten", which means "wedding stories". Isn't that the one where they play their own wives?

Comment

Joseph Banfield , the film that you mean is Twice Two!

Comment

Yep, Nick you're right. That's the film I was thinking of.

Comment

Working...
                  X