Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Incredible Hulk - the early one with Bruce Banner in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Incredible Hulk - the early one with Bruce Banner in.

I meant Bill Bixby! Ah, Bill Bixby. Them were the days.

eBay had a listing for "Part 1" for a reasonable price of... Anyway, I bought it. Prior to purchase thought I'd do a search. It came up trumps (there's a joke there somewhere) and a big part of the reason in going a head with the purchase even missing Part 2.

Here's what I found:

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...00628;go=older

The write up was quite good for a teenager and breaking down the edit extremely interesting. I'll add my two cents when it arrives. Universal 8 Film 400ft. I'll see how the colors (lets make the world smaller) have held up since that review in 2008.

As for the lad doing the review. I wonder what he's doing now.

Teenager? I believe it was early adolescence. 😉

Comment

I always thought this super 8 release was pointless, as I was never a fan. However, it appears that Universal 8 took its "cues" from how films did theatrically, and being that Incredible Bulk made it onto theatrical screens, it now makes sense as to why they bothered with it on super 8. By the way, can somebody please explain how Bixby or the Bulk seemed to be carrying lots of extra clothes at all times. I'm betting that the flight actually ran out of Peanuts, and that is really why Bixby loses it on the flight.

Comment

Banner was a minimalist, you know like an early Van Life YouTuber. They really know how to pack clothes

Just watching the first series. Didn't realise Bruce was David in the series. Kinda ruined my title joke.

Oh! Hello Doug

Comment

I certainly like the Marvel send up comic "Not Branch Echhs" where there was The Inedible Bulk as a character to keep things level there was a Stuporman as well. Osi's comment reminded me of it.

Comment

Perhaps Bixby ran into an airline toilet ... that ran out of paper!!! Rarrrr!

Comment

Working...
            X