Eumig 610D makes squeak noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig 610D makes squeak noise

I've disassembled eumig 610D and accidentally dropped the motor.
    Motor is still working though it now makes squeaking noise. Seems that fan is now touching the metal part.
    Is there anything i can do at this point?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17w4...ew?usp=sharing

I would assume since the motor was dropped the fan blades may have gotten bent. I had one of these machines a few years back. I can't recall how much play was on the drive shaft as you've shown in the video. How did the motor land when it hit the floor? If the fan assembly hit first this may be the issue. An alignment of the blades, and possibly the fan shroud are in order. I'm sure others will chime in here with a possible fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane C. Collins View Post
      I would assume since the motor was dropped the fan blades may have gotten bent. I had one of these machines a few years back. I can't recall how much play was on the drive shaft as you've shown in the video. How did the motor land when it hit the floor? If the fan assembly hit first this may be the issue. An alignment of the blades, and possibly the fan shroud are in order. I'm sure others will chime in here with a possible fix.
      Blades looks absolutely pristine. I haven't dropped it on the fan for sure.
      It landed with metal side on the carpet not from a big height.

Comment

the fan blades are plastic so they will not bend easily, i cant open your video unfortunately. the fan might have shifted on the axle and rubbing on something

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Snel View Post
          the fan blades are plastic so they will not bend easily, i cant open your video unfortunately. the fan might have shifted on the axle and rubbing on something
          this link should be working

Just deattached the fan from the motor itself and actually you were right. Fan has shifted to the bottom
          Now i need to find out how to fix it in correct position

also could anyone recommend if i should put lubricant oil into the central axis?

Comment

ah yes, that is very clear. on the back of the motor is a brass ring, it has shifted. so now your motor axle can shift forward and rub to the steel housing. loosen the screws on the brass ring and shift the axle backward, then retighten the ring. be sure there is a little play so the shaft can spin freely.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Snel View Post
              ah yes, that is very clear. on the back of the motor is a brass ring, it has shifted. so now your motor axle can shift forward and rub to the steel housing. loosen the screws on the brass ring and shift the axle backward, then retighten the ring. be sure there is a little play so the shaft can spin freely.
              yes, that's exactly what i did and it sounds just like before. Thank you for the tip
              Strangely there is none infromation on this issue in service manual

Comment

well, i think letting parts drop is not something they thought of in making the manuals. they were new back then and there was little reason for the owner to do diy maintenance

Comment

Working...
                X