Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ELMO 8mm Dual FP-A projector - - - Burned out 2 bulbs immediately????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELMO 8mm Dual FP-A projector - - - Burned out 2 bulbs immediately????

Hi,

I bought a used Elmo 8MM Dual FP-A projector.

Thebulb included burned out quickly. OK\it's a bulb.

The replacement, a WiKO Replacement Lamp, DCA 21V 150w, " The quality lamp" , as stated on the box, burned out within 4 seconds.

So I bought a hybrid module from whomever, at $75 or so, never light.

Is my transformer gone?

Does anyone have the electrical diagram or a diagnostic routine, to see if my transformer is shot?
    Please help me.

I want to convert ny old 8mm films, some that my father-in-law took when he was on HIS honeymoon some 80 or so years ago.
    I used the same camera on my honeymoon in 1976.

So any help, except for advice to upgrade, or pay someone, would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry

One lamp went puff would be just a bad luck, 3 in the row is probably another story.

Poke a multimeter's probe into the lamp socket to check the voltage first. It would be a bit higher than the rated 21V under no-load condition. Any reading beyond 23-24V range would be probably the issue.

Comment

The only lamp conversion module I know of is the George Tveden converter. If the lamp dosen't light using that converter then there is either a corroded socket or an electrical issue. I'm more knowledge with the operation of the machine, however I recommend using a multimeter to measure power levels going to the lamp socket. The electrical gurus on the forum can help you with the results of your measurement.

Comment

Working...
      X