Help with title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with title

I've just had in a Warner Bros. Merrie Melodies Techno cartoon without its OB, unfortunately it only has the Italian title card, it looks like it's a play on the film "Of Mice and Men", the two charecters are called George (the brainy schemer) and Bernie (big and good hearted but with only one brain cell), can anyone give me the correct title, it starts with Bernie walking into a girder and falling on George, if that helps.

Hi Barry. I know Techno is notorious for retitling their releases, but have you tried using Google to translate Italian into English? That might give us the original title, or at least a clue.

Comment

"Cat-tails for Two" (1953) seems to feature George and Bernie.

Comment

Here is the video which does seem to be the film as described by Barry.
        It may the first appearance of Speedy Gonzales.
        Merrie Melodies - Cat-Tails for Two | b98.tv

Comment

Many thanks Maurice and Carter, it is the cartoon you said, Techno have taken nearly all the original credits from the start, but at least the whole cartoon is there.

Comment

Indeed it was the first appearance of Speedy, indeed over two years before the release of "Speedy Gonzales" (his first film with title billing) according to the book Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies.

Comment

My Techno box is numbered SG501 and the inset is mauve in colour.
              Each Warner Bros number was prefixed by its characters initials, such as BB, DD, RR, and SIL.

Comment

Yeah, Techno's were a pain, but we wouldn't have so many of those great Looney tunes and Merry Melodies without Techno, especially those Road Runners. It can be hard to find certain titles with good color, and sometimes sound editions of some titles are really hard to find.

Comment

Indeed, it took me a long while and two copies to work out that they had translated "The Last Hungry Cat" as "Tu M'assassines, Gros Minet!! (SIL 8633)

Comment

One of the rare ones is "From Hare to Heir", of which I have found a lot of super 8 color silent versions, but only one sound version, but it was faded. Next time I find a good color silent version, I will buy it and hope to get it striped at some point!

Comment

Working...
                    X