GS1200 Bias adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS1200 Bias adjustments

Does anyone know how to make bias adjustments on the GS1200?

Adam, I didn't know there was a way of controlling or adjusting the Bias? Being that I own one as well, I'd love to know how, if possible.

Comment

Hello!

I have done this many Years ago, when Derann swiched from Kodak pre striped Polyester to the AGFA Poly Stock striped by themself.
      I have made a recording and than turn the Trimpotis a little bit. Recording again and listen if it will be better or not. After 4 - 5 Recordings i had found the best position of the potis and everything works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Knappstein View Post
        Hello!

I have done this many Years ago, when Derann swiched from Kodak pre striped Polyester to the AGFA Poly Stock striped by themself.
        I have made a recording and than turn the Trimpotis a little bit. Recording again and listen if it will be better or not. After 4 - 5 Recordings i had found the best position of the potis and everything works fine.
        The pots are located under the VU panel, correct? Is there just one or one for each channel?

Comment

Yes, you are right. There is one for each Channel.

Comment

Is there an adjustment you can make on the amplifier module to balance PLAYBACK volume on the two tracks? My track 2 volume knob always has to be turned further clockwise than the track 1 knob

Comment

OK, all of this stuff is really interesting, but what the heck is a trimpotis? Also, photos of this part of the projector in close-up with this specific part either circled or otherwise.

Comment

Trimpots are small open rotary potentiomenters (like rotary volume controls) that do not have an adjustment knob but have to be turned with a screwdriver in a slot on the rotor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimmer_(electronics)

Comment

Working...
                X