Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP Elmo ST-1200 import to USA from Japan blowing lamps

Hoping for some help please!

Bought a super clean ST-1200 from Japan and shipped it here to the USA. I changed the plug in back to 110v, made sure the belts are on 60hz. I put a new lamp in it and POP it’s dead. Tried another, same result. $30 down the toilet. I tried moving the brown and white leads from P1 to P2, good lamp inserted, POP. Irritation.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

If you are in Massachusetts suggest you try Optech in North Andover it's probably the only place in Massachusetts where the technician can figure things like that out and he is reasonably priced he's a great repair man for the GS 1200

I understand your projector is different but give John a try he can probably figure it out

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is that the nominal line voltage in this country is 120 volts, not 110. So your setting may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenneth Horan View Post
        One thing to keep in mind is that the nominal line voltage in this country is 120 volts, not 110. So your setting may be wrong.
        This projector only has 110, 105, and 100 options on it. Is there a 120 configuration?

Comment

I'm not sure if that 10 volt difference is causing your lamp to blow, but it's worth investigating. You can check the actual voltage at the lamp socket with a volt meter. It should read about 14 - 15 volts. You can also use a variac to supply exactly 110 volts to the projector.

Comment

So I put a multimeter on the socket and it’s hitting 17-18v. Explains my lamps blowing. I’ll look into the variac. I’d like a permanent fix though under the hood.

Comment

Working...
            X