Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo FP-A: motor stops with threading lever in forward position

Hi all,
    I'm new to the forum, and actually to 8 mm video as well!
    I "found" the old 8mm projector from my father in the attic, along with a lot of films and now I'm curious to watch these of course..

However, I encountered a problem.
    When the threading lever is in the backward position, everything works fine: switch to "still" starts the cooling, the lamp can be switched on and switching to "run" starts the motor mechanism. The only thing weird in this stage is that the light behind the film type indicator (S or W) is not on. First I thought the bulb was defect because from seeing youtube films I believe this lamp should always be on, from the moment the projector is plugged in.
    When I pull the threading lever in the forward position, the motor stops and the film type indicator lamps turns on. Disconnecting the threading lever will start the motor again. In this way, threading the film is not possible...
    I've shown in a movie clip what's going here.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

In this mode you can enter your film and it will be guided thru automatic, when itโ€™s all the way thru just stop the motor and pull the film gently untill u hear a click, now you can connect film to roller and start playing

Comment

Ben
      I suggest you buy a user's manual which will give you all the information you need for this projector. Including how to change the film gauge.
      Elmo FP-A Printed Manual (camera-manual.com)

Comment

Hi Ben... I have a manual for this projector. Just PM me with the request and I will send it to you.

Take a look at my video for the Honeywell-Elmo 330. Honeywell eventually bought out Elmo. This is a similar model projector. I show the sequence of film threading. If your projector is working correctly it should thread the same as in this video.

Last edited by Janice Glesser; May 22, 2022, 06:20 PM.

Comment

https://youtu.be/lpjpEBG6p6k

Comment

Comment

I have the original manual, if you like i can scan it for you ๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment

John Defosse I already have the FP-A scanned and in PDF format. I PM'd Ben to to give him access to the file.

Comment

Working...
                X