Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud of my collection!

Howdy friends!

I was just feeling very fortunate about all the great films I've been about to collect over the last three years and felt like sharing with you wonderful people.

I don't have a large collection due to space to store them, but I really enjoy what I own. I collect 16mm as well, but I'll focus on S8.

Super 8:

Raiders of The Lost Ark LPP (Scope) *currently recording stereo sound*
    ET: The Extra Terrestrial LPP (Letterboxed)
    Alien LPP (Scope)
    Poltergeist LPP (Scope)
    **Coming Soon** Empire Strikes Back feature from Reel Image

Plus a handful of great digests!

My hope is that you're very proud and happy of what you've been able to collect over the years as well.

We should ALL be proud of our collections, big or small! Whether they are as magnificent a set of titles as Lincoln, or a bunch of 50' silents. After all, these are our babies !

I must also say, Lincoln, having only collected for such a short period of time, you have a real set of "A" listers! The nearest I get is a flat Poltergeist, although I do have several other scope features that perhaps just fall short of the "A" list.

Well done and keep it up !

Comment

My current favorite is Golddiggers of 1933 with Ginger Rogers singing "We're in the Money". The pig latin part being the best bit when her chin crunches up under the pressure of the lyrics! I'm stressing out thinking about it. Might put it on actually

LPP. Thats Kodak Low fade Polyester Print!
      Last edited by Stuart Budd; February 21, 2022, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Ahhh! Raiders! Great choice! I also have Poltergeist and Alien! My apologies to all those who are limited to seeing these films on digital, but it just isn't as awesome as seeing a lovely print of it on actual film!

Comment

Sometimes the simplest things are best.
          My 99p new print of Stepping on the gas is precious purchased early 70s. Mind you im partial to a bit of 42nd street and those dancing girls.

Comment

If "Stepping on the Gas" was 99p it must have been the introductory offer from Collectors Club, Lee. I know as that's how I got my copy, very early 70's for me as I think they were only printing standard 8 then as that's what my copy is.

Comment

Every collector should be proud of they're collections, and that pride only grows with each purchase! My most recent "pride" was in purchasing the "Jaws" and " Jurrasic" digests, as, well, apart from the last digests, such as Derann's "End of Days", there really haven't been any digests in decades, and digests were a curio that was a significant part of the super 8 phenomenon. I am just happy that these came about when I actually had the ability to juggle finances enuf to purchase them.

Comment

Working...
              X