Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone sent a Beaulieu to Bjorn in Sweden??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone sent a Beaulieu to Bjorn in Sweden??

Hello all. I have a Beaulieu 708 stereo that Parcelforce dropped and broke part of the circuit board (and refused to honour the insurance, even tho it was in its fitted flight case plus additional packaging, and had recently been flown from Germany unarmed, yet 80 miles by road and Parcelforce kill the machine). I have been in touch with Bjorn in Sweden, the repair guru of all things Beaulieu. I was wondering has any forum member sent their projector to Bjorn. How did you pack and what was the procedure. Bjorn kindly stated I should package the projector carefully then send him weights and dimensions and he will organise shipping. Your advice please. Thank you

I have sent 3 Beaulieu 708's to Bjorn. He is the best of the best and I really don't think anyone does work as good and as thorough as he does. And his price point is very reasonable. He learned at the factory so he can actually refurbish the machine so it is factory new and he still has many parts.
    Shipping is expensive to Sweden from the USA but for me, its worth it to have the Master of Beaulieu work on my machines. My joke to him, but maybe its not such a joke, is that when he retires I will retire my Beaulieus.
    When I packed my Beaulieu's to Bjorn I would wrap the machine twice around with bubble wrap, not the little bubbles but the big ones. First horizontally, and then wrap it vertically so its protected well. Then I place it in a box with hard cardboard in between the machine and the box. I make sure there is 2 inches between the box on all sides, including top and bottom to place the cardboard. You can use styrofoam but only the stiff pieces like you would get with a TV, microwave, etc.
    Then I place it inside a larger box again with 2 inches on all sides and fill with cardboard/styrofoam. In the end you should have the package nestled inside the 2 boxes like a protected egg with a minimum of 4 inches on all sides between the outer box and the machine. With the machine wrapped in bubble wrap it will be more like 6 inches or so total.
    Make sure the outer box is a Heavy Duty box. If it has slots for handles even better. You only have one chance to get the machine there in one piece and so it pays to be extra careful. Once he receives it he will ship it back in the same box with all the same packaging provided it isn't damaged.
    3 Machines, 2 of them were HTI High Powered Lamp models which are very heavy, and they have all arrived in one piece running beautifully. A Beaulieu 708 Stereo back to factory specs is one of the finest machines that were ever produced for the Super 8 medium and I feel tremendously lucky that Bjorn is still available to work on them. He also worked on 2 of my Beaulieu cameras and the work there was flawless as well. Good luck.. with Bjorn and a good pack job by you, the machine will be in the best hands.

Comment

Outstanding words Alan. Im on it asap.

Comment

Add me to the list as a happy customer. Bjorn's knowledge base is component level. I could swear he designed the projector for Beaulieu

Comment

Working...
        X