Eumig sound quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig sound quality

Happy Sunday everyone... the sound on my Eumig S810D is REALLY muffled - more so than ever. Its a similar sounding problem on my GS1200 that I fix just by cleaning the sound heads with a little alcohol. Is there anyway to get access to the heads on the Eumig to clean them? Gotta do something! Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Brian,

Cleaning the Eumig 800 head is very possible following the Adsett Protocol:

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...c;f=1;t=000254

I've done this a few times myself. One of the things that surprised me is how clean it was in there, despite the amount of time I had the machine before Paul described this method.

While you are in there, you can take a look at the little hard plastic "fingers" that are supposed to hold the stripe down on the head, if they are worn or broken that could be a problem. Of course there is also the issue of wear on the head itself.

When you say "muffled" do you mean that there isn't enough volume, or that the audio you are getting is what I call "muddy". Eumig 800s are good machines, but one of the areas they could improve on is hum within the sound. This gives a constant bass undertone.

Comment

That's one problem I have had with my Eumig. The plastic part that holds the mag tracks next to the film broke off. Well, a piece of it broke off. It has been a little muffled ever since. A shame, as the audio was always top notch.

Comment

Working...
      X