GS800 loud squeaking at the front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS800 loud squeaking at the front

I need help with my GS800. As the projector heats up while running a film it starts to make a loud squeaking noise, I know its coming from the front and have checked the rollers but I can't find where it's coming from, anybody else had this problem?

Long time GS800 fan Phil. Fetch it along to my film fair for a free diagnostic.
    Pleased to help.

Comment

It's possible that you need to lubricate something in the front arm, or there is some other bushing that is starved for oil. If you haven't cleaned and serviced it in some time (or ever), I would look it over and lubricate all moving parts with an appropriate non-gumming oil.

Comment

the safest bet for cleaning off old oil is likely to use some sort of petroleum product made of strait chained alkanes, like heptane or low oder mineral spirits. These tend to be less harmful to plastics than things like acetone, and MEK.

Comment

Thanks guys for your tips, the noise starts about 20 minutes after I start running it, I think the heat from the lamp is effecting it somehow.

Comment

Working...
          X