Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ternat Film Ends Up In My Collection (I Think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ternat Film Ends Up In My Collection (I Think)

I was reading with interest Dominique's post in General Yak informing us of the Ternat Film Fair in Belgium this coming Sunday. I was looking a the photographs that had been posted earlier regarding the previous fair and I seem to have spotted a film box and film that, I believe, has now somehow appeared in my own collection having purchased it a short while ago on Ebay.

The film in question is the " Airport 75 / Scope / VO-VF" film in the photograph where it is in a box of other films that was taken at the Ternat fair. (Dominique - I hope you don't mind me reproducing the photo here for demonstration purposes). The other photograph was taken by myself in the UK. The reason I think it may be the same film is the way that the label is printed. It is not a standard method so must have been made by one individual. The "VO-VF" will mean "Version originale - Version Francaise" as my copy does, indeed, have the English sound on one track and French sound on the other.

It is just quite a surprise and co-incidence the labels are the same and the film has travelled from near Antwerp, Belgium, to me in Hull, UK.

See what you think........

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_9652.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	56378

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220317_180053.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	56379

If it's the same film, then the world is small

Comment

Actually, the world is small. I've just got a confirmation from the seller at Ternat that this is is film. It has been bought by someone from the UK

Comment

The mystery behind this film deepens! I made a mistake. Checking my records, it wasn't Ebay that I purchased it from....... but bought it from a seller at BLACKPOOL last November! Unfortunately, I cannot remember who it was.

So, logically, this film was for sale at the last Ternat fair near Antwerp, Belgium, bought by someone who is English, brought over to the UK and either was sold to me by the dealer who purchased it over there, or was sold on to the dealer and then bought by me at the convention.

This hobby of ours certainly throws up some odd scenario's doesn't it ? It just adds to the fun I think !

Comment

Originally posted by Melvin England View Post
          this film was for sale at the last Ternat fair near Antwerp, Belgium, bought by someone who is English, brought over to the UK and either was sold to me by the dealer who purchased it over there, or was sold on to the dealer and then bought by me at the convention.
          No, it didn't happen that way. The seller told me he didn't sell the film at Ternat (which is near to Brussels, not to Atwerpen by the way) but, on this forum or on Ebay. I will see the seller on Sunday, I will ask him if he can check. Some collectors told me before that they sold films, then bought the same titles years after that (how many time did I hear "I sold this film and regret it" ?) and found out it was their previous copy !

Comment

Working...
          X