Eumig 807D motor noise problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig 807D motor noise problem

Just picked up a clean little used eumig 807D and it is now working excellent other than a strange intermittent sound from the motor area.It has nothing to do with the drive mechanism as it does it with or without the drive engaged so obviously something to do with the motor.At first i thought it was something trapped in the fan housing but i have taken this off and all looks good, also while i had the housing off i lubricated the motor bearings which had no effect.If i wanted to keep this i would probably put up with the noise as its working perfectly but i would like to sell it on. I’ve just put a short video on youtube where you can hear the noise but am not shure how to link it here but you can find it by using the youtube video title “eumig 807D motor noise problem?”. Has anyone got any ideas ?.

it might be that part that shifts the wheel on the motor axle up and down for the film speed. it is a little fork that goes around the wheel. it might be dry or some debris might have gone between the fork and the wheel

Comment

Hi erik, yes it could be as i have not looked there yet.

Comment

Have you tried looking in the back, with the cover removed, to see if there's anything loose or rattling while the motor is running? This may help you to pinpoint a location.

Comment

Hi Jason. One of mine little used 30+ years ago did the same thing. Move the speed control up and down several times it will stop making the vibration noise when its stationary, oft a problem with lack of use.

Comment

Ok, i took the motor out today and had a good look, freed up the 18/24 speed switch a bit and put it back together, the red record switch with the spring was pretty awkward to put back. Anyway there is no difference, it still makes the sound.I think it is from within the motor itself. Lee yes i know what you mean about the speed switch sometimes making a grinding type noise where operating the switch stops it, but this is different.Sometimes the motor will run for a few mins without the noise but most of the time it is there.

Comment

What you may want to do is run it with the motor out of the unit. This may help you figure out if it's motor noise or fan noise.

Comment

Working...
              X