Eumig 610D focus knob problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig 610D focus knob problem

The focus knob has come off on one of my eumig 610D’s, the small retaining circlip has come off and is trapped inside the focus knob, the aluminium outer part needs to be separated from the inner plastic part (in the picture) which are glued together to be able to repair it but there seems to be no way of separating them without risk of damaging the plastic part.Quite often these outer aluminium parts come away when pulling outwards to take out the lens due to the old glue failing but this one is stuck fast.Does anyone have any ideas how to separate them ?. Click image for larger version

Name:	18197890-F160-4AD6-9E98-2DA05EE056CE.jpeg
Views:	300
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	56745

that knob has allready some damage looking at the picture. is the focus axle on the projector intact? as on are you sure the clip just came off clean or did it take some the the axle with it?

Comment

Hi erik, yes there is slight damage to the outer aluminium part from me trying to separate it, it seems almost impossible to do without damaging it, but it still works ok when it is replaced but without the retaining circlip there it will come off as soon as you pull it to remove the lens.The central axle is ok, the groove is there for the circlip to sit in. I would imagine as this came off it would probably happen again though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Moffatt View Post
        The focus knob has come off on one of my eumig 610D’s, the small retaining circlip has come off and is trapped inside the focus knob, the aluminium outer part needs to be separated from the inner plastic part (in the picture) which are glued together to be able to repair it but there seems to be no way of separating them without risk of damaging the plastic part.Quite often these outer aluminium parts come away when pulling outwards to take out the lens due to the old glue failing but this one is stuck fast.Does anyone have any ideas how to separate them ?.
        The mobile phone repair people use a temperature controlled hotplate to melt the glue holding phone screens together when one needs replacing. I've seen one done in a hackerspace using careful application of a heat gun.

If melting the glue is all that's needed, might this approach work? I'd strongly suggest using a temperature controlled heat gun though as you only want to melt the glue and not the plastic.

Comment

Working...
        X