A Suggestion For Doug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Suggestion For Doug

As the index for the 8mm print reviews has been very useful, I would like to suggest that a similar index is created for the postings about Super 8 optical titles.

I'll second that one, Maurice.

Not necessarily a print review, although comments on the print quality / sound would be very welcome, but more a list just to keep a check on optical titles still out there in collector-land !

Comment

Wonderful! Who will volunteer to go through all optical titles ever posted and make a list with links? I thank you in advance!

We could do something similar to the tech topic index. Members would post the links to threads they know of and then I could gather them into an index. I could create a "sticky" in the 8mm Print Reviews sub-forum for this.

Comment

I think that this is a good idea as well! I have absolutely no idea as to how many reviews I have done on this forum, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is in the dozens. I honestly do not have the time to make those kinds of "upgrades" however.😀

Comment

Doug - I am sure Maurice never intended this to be a massive undertaking, expecting you / someone to trawl through all the posts regarding optical prints. I think it would be more like a "from this day forward" where, for example, all the prints mentioned in MY thread on this subject would be listed together, with the opportunity for members to either add a review / comment on a film or, indeed, add a new title that may be in their possession.

I am very aware with other organizations I have been involved with, that some bright spark comes up with a great idea...... and expects someone else to do all the work. I think your idea of creating a reviews sub forum is probably a better idea. I assume this would be far less hassle for you to create and it lets us, as forum members, do the work of adding titles or linking previous posts and not expecting you to carry all the burden yourself, as you have enough to do keeping this excellent site running.

Comment

Melvin,

All in fun. I do think it is a good idea and we'll have to see how it takes shape. I believe most threads concerning optical films list a number of titles as opposed to a review of some kind. We do have some reviews of optical films (by Osi, strangely enough😉) in the review index, so they can be carried over.

Comment

I am not sure if we need a separate review of optical titles. The Internet Movie Database can supply these details.
              I suggest an alphabetical list of just titles. To be added to as more are listed.
              The films can be added to the existing 8mm Print Reviews, making sure that the word Optical is prominent.

Comment

Seperate section!!!! Opticals rule!!!

Comment

Per Maurice's suggestion, I have added the topic Index Of Super 8mm Optical Sound Prints as a sticky in the 8mm Print Review section. It currently numbers 122 titles.

Comment

Hi Doug,i think this is an excellent resource,i've just realised i have Footloose feature Optical sound if you could add that to the list please.Russ

Comment

I am sure that all members will wish to join me with thanks to Doug for this very speedy new Index.😀

Comment

Working...
                      X