Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I attach a room lamp to my Bolex 18-5L?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul this would be the overall idea how it would appear with just a gray shade.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.1 KB ID:	1079

Comment

Way to go Shane!

Comment

Take the lamp house cover to your paint supplier. They can match the paint on it. Purchase a Preval paint spray and use that to apply the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Fritz View Post
          Take the lamp house cover to your paint supplier. They can match the paint on it. Purchase a Preval paint spray and use that to apply the paint.
          Thanks Barry for the recommendations! Would a place like Lowe's be able to match the color, or do I need to visit a different kind of paint store? I'm assuming I can use regular indoor paint for this project?

Comment

I am assuming Lowe’s has the same setup that Home Depot has, which is where I go. They have a machine with a optical reader. They hold the sample color against it and a computer gives them the color pigments that are needed to be mixed for the proper color. They may have the Preval sprayers there also. You will need to strain and thin the paint to spray it. I think YouTube has videos for the Preval.

Comment

Shane, I would follow Barry's advice on the paint matching, but you may not need to pay out for a paint sprayer. Take the paint to an Auto body shop in Williamsport or Montoursville and they may very well be willing to spray such a small item for you for a few dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Adsett View Post
                Shane, I would follow Barry's advice on the paint matching, but you may not need to pay out for a paint sprayer. Take the paint to an Auto body shop in Williamsport or Montoursville and they may very well be willing to spray such a small item for you for a few dollars.
                Thanks Paul! I had thought about doing this as well. I have a friend who works at Blaise Alexander Subaru in Montoursville. I'll get a hold of him and see what he thinks.

Comment

Working...
                X