Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agfa nf projector

Hello,
    Do any of you know anything about an early 20th century Afga projector model NF?
    Apparently it is 8mm, can you confirm it?
    Thanks

The Agfa 16mm Super Projector was introduced in 1936. It was followed by the Agfa 8mm Movector in 1938.
    The name Movector was used for many years, often followed by a number, or letters.
    I can not find any reference to a model nf.
    Agfa – Spare Part Finder – Van Eck Video Services (van-eck.net)

Comment

Rodrigo,

This model is not mentioned in Jürgen Lossau's excellent Movie Projectors guide. Later manufacturers used "NF" to denote "Non-Flicker", however I believe this was mostly used in editor/viewers.

Comment

I would have thought that if it was early 20th century it would be 35mm not 8mm. Perhaps a 35mm using a mirror system rather like the prism in an editor rather than a shutter. I think I saw a system like that in a museum (science Museum London?) many years ago. I also believe the BBC once used a Mechau one for film telercording.

Comment

Hi all, it is indeed a 16mm projector. The description was wrong. I have an Agfa MOVECTOR BILLY 16mm projector for sale in very good condition if anyone is interested.
          Douglas, do you have a link to the projector listing you mention?
          Thank you very much.

Comment

Indeed, the description was wrong. It is a 16mm Agfa Record.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodrigo Lueje View Post
              .....do you have a link to the projector listing you mention?...
              Rodrigo
              Here is an eBay link to the book as mentioned by Douglas. It has been out now for many years. It is large and very comprehensive. It's in English and German.
              The Definitive Guide to Movie Projectors, Hardback, by Jurgen Lossau | eBay

Comment

Thanks Maurice, I will look into it

Comment

Working...
                X