Fumeo 9119 thoughts ? Been offered one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fumeo 9119 thoughts ? Been offered one

Hi I`ve been offered a nice and gone over and serviced Fumeo 9119 Optical magnetic thats in the UK.

Now hands up although about middle price ( and below £700 ) I can`t afford it anyway.

Plus a dickie neck re lifting.

Any thoughts or feelings on these and I know image wise they can be pretty special and a very steady picture too.

Best Mark.

I had one but disposed of it.
    I never could get the hang of the spool spindles adjustment which had two per spindle, the book said "adjust as necessary" which was no help.
    Also, once being a 16mm projector design it was not very easy to thread. It was not auto-load. And, of course, its weight. 😡

Comment

Mark

Knew a collector who bought two Fumeo 9119. new from Derann Returned one when it went wonky after a month. The next one arrived went same way in shorter time. Derann refunded didn’t even want it back. He used it as a doorstop. Also, they would break you to carry or move. So stay away from them!

​​​​​​​Mike

Comment

Id love one, can you pass the seller details perhaps Mark??? Cheers

Comment

I`d love to buy it, I can`t afford it and I can`t lift it.

But I have seen ( years ago ) a print projected on one projector then moved to a Fumeo and it was like seeing a different print.

Best Mark.

Comment

My experience was troublesome mainly due to a powerful motor and very thin belts. Looks good but I found it a bit home made if that sounds right. Long time ago.... wandering wires not reely ideal. Some love them some don't

They also badged the small Bauer machines which was interesting.

Comment

Had one of these years ago,didnt like it!
              Difficult to load,noisy and the take up belt being a wire spring was crude and not east to adjust.
              Sold mine a month later.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Mannering View Post
                .....They also badged the small Bauer machines which was interesting....
                Not exactly.
                I have a Fumeo 9914 made in Italy by Silma, who, I believe had some connection with Bauer. It's quite nice. It came in a badged case.
                super 8 database, fumeo 9914 (filmkorn.org)

Comment

Is it one of those with no front sprocket Maurice ?

Looks like it may be.

I`ve only seen one for sale.

Might be the one you bought Maurice !!!

Best Mark.

Comment

Bought on Italian eBay many years ago. Not used it lately, I believe it's the usual Bauer type with no top sprocket.

Comment

A bit like a shiny vintage sports car. Looks great but is a dog to use.

Comment

I have one. I like the manual threading and the build quality. I don't like the ergonomics of it. It isn't the most elegant design and the big problem with the one that I have is that it is designed to work in countries with 50hz frequency. The work around is that you can use the 18fps mode and that will run at 22fps roughly but if you are sensitive to pitch than most films are going to sound slightly slow. I checked with a musical and it was about 1/2 pitch low. That drives me crazy. Also my model for some reason does not have the 2 bladed shutter like the brochures state but this one has the 3 bladed. Negates the brighter image I could possibly get.
                        But even if it was running at the correct speed I don't think the image or sound is better than the Elmo ST1200, GS1200, Beaulieu 708 Stereo, Bauer T610. However its saving grace is that beautiful manual threading and the very logical film path. I truly believe it will not ever scratch your films. If there is ever a mistake when running a film it will be operator error for the most part. I didn't lace it quite properly and the strange tension knobs on the feed and the take up reel were a little off and it resulted in some stretched sprockets on the film I had on. That I have never seen before.

Comment

I had the 9119 for some years. Nice machine that, given a decent print, could look like 16mm. Only once let me down when a wire belt broke in the middle of a show, but we got through. For me, the only down side was it's weight, especially when in the awkward sized carrying case.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Rik View Post
                            Also my model for some reason does not have the 2 bladed shutter like the brochures state but this one has the 3 bladed.
                            From what I was told, those projectors were made on demand and the future owner could customise some features.

Comment

Working...
                            X