Bell and Howell DCT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell and Howell DCT

I bought this projector a few years ago, but apart from cleaning it, its not a had a lot of use. Yesterday I gave it a run with some film, I was impressed with its 150watt light output, its 800ft capacity, and how well it focus, side to side top to bottom looked good nice and even. Being also a duel track projector you can play back stereo prints, however you can't record both tracks at the same time ie stereo. but track to track recording is possible

All up I was really impressed with this projector, its of solid construction and very well made. I ran the same print through it a number of times with no visible signs of any scratching going on. The DCT is really a nice machine, its speed range is interesting to, there is quite a speed range from either side of the 24/18 frames is quite a bit. I am not sure how much, but suspect its more than the plus or minus of the one frame of the GS1200.

Another interesting feature, was you can run "silent" films without the soundhead in contact with the film. You also have lamp high and low switch. The auto threading is a real breeze to use, providing you trim the film with the projector trimmer.

The DCT offers many more features, including connecting it to a external amplifier "tracks one and two" that automatically cuts out its internal speakers

It would be interesting to hear from anyone else that has a DCT, I would give it a 10 out 10 ,very nice, I like it a lot.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1240806.JPG
Views:	522
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	57593

Name:	P1240824.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	57594

Name:	P1240823.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	57595
    The lamp gets pre-warmed from the minute to plug the projector in.

Name:	P1240821.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	57596

Name:	P1240820.JPG
Views:	284
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	57597

Name:	P1240807.JPG
Views:	291
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	57598

Name:	P1240806.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	57599

Name:	P1240818.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	57600

Name:	P1240808.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	57601

I believe they were built by Sankyo, and the DCT is virtually the Sankyo 800 Stereo without the stereo amp. I've had many of these projectors over the years and they have all impressed me.

Comment

I loved my Bell & Howells and Sankyos. As stated they are virtually identical machines in design The DCT is actually a bit lighter than the Sankyo 800. They produce great light, forgiving on sound and are easy on film. Real work horses which deliver dependable service. The smaller Bell & Howell DCM and DCR are 100 watt bulbs and originally 600ft capacity but by switching the spindle arms an incredibly easy operation you can extend to 800ft reels.

Comment

I have a DCT and like it,agree with all thats been said.
        I do though find it a bit noisy,though to be fair,I sit right next to the projector. For that reasion,I dont use the DCT much.

Comment

I agree David some of them could be noisy. I usually had them in projection room behind the cinema so wasn’t an issue but remember working with some on bench and was a case of up the volume.

Comment

And also if you can find one you can upgrade the lens to the sankyo hi pro 1.0 for even more light.

Comment

Yes, Jason did that as well makes a difference.

Mike

Comment

Yes the film path and control positions are the same as Sankyos'. I would say you can fit any 32.5mm lens to them I use a Schnider and a Isco that I bought for Eumigs in my Sankyo.

Comment

Working...
                X