Bauer T610 no "start"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bauer T610 no "start"

Greetings to all! I recently purchased a bauer t610, which had not been used for some time and needed a good cleaning. I have checked fuses and belts and got it working.
    The lights and sound section seems to be fine but does nothing. As soon as it is turned to the "start" position a "click" is heard but there is no movement. Has anyone experienced this or something similar? I have been able to find the service manual but the images are of low quality. Thanks in advance!

Does the motor run but the mechanics just stay freeze, or the motor does not turn at all?

Comment

Hi Nantawat! the motor does not turn at all.
      At the moment I have 3 capacitors that do not give a signal with a tester, I will try to find spare parts and change them.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	film_bauer_T610 Microcomputer Stereo_1420463096712.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	57866

Comment

Van Eck supply a useful kit to replace the likely candidates. Unfortunately appears to be out of stock at the moment.

Comment

Ah, what a bummer.

Obviously electrical/electronics issue. That could be anything - main transformer, rotary switch, motor power circuit, whatever...
          The only (rough) guideline I can think of is to trace back, starting from the origin (transformer) and down the line. However this could eventually be well beyond average guy's skill, and have to be sent to the service person's hand anyway.

Comment

I had a similar problem with a T510, in the end I had to replace a few failed components on the power board

Comment

l also have this problem with my bauer t610 the main motor is not running I replaced the motor still the same problem the service manual is showing me a fuse to look for so l will try it out and see what happens this machine is very clean I have a second one thats in mint condition its a lot to this machine. so when I find out the problem I will let you know. Leon Norris. USA. The Elmo repair man.

Comment

Arnau, Lsee in the service manual there is a fuse for the motor. called the Li fuse. so let me check it out. what a machine.

Comment

From experience it's almost definitely the caps I would say.

Comment

Having recommended the Van Eck kit a few posts ago, I was recently forced to take my own advice, as one of my 610’s developed the same fault.
                    As detailed in the Van Eck component replacement instructions (and with some encouragement from a Bauer enthusiast) I replaced the Motor board Cap, a resistor (probably not the guilty party but might as well as the projector was in pieces) and the fuse (thanks Stu Reid for the spare).
                    The projector is now working perfectly. It’s a little fiddly to get to the board but I took lots of photos along the way.

Comment

Comment

thanks for the info. I will replace these parts and we will see what happens. Leon.

Comment

Working...
                        X