New box and art for my Little Bruins film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New box and art for my Little Bruins film

I finally got around to making a box and new artwork for my 16mm print of Three Little Bruins in a Canoe (I think this film is an endearing favorite of Steve Klare's too). When I received the movie over 5 years ago the box looked like it had been chewed up by mice. Despite it's horrible condition I stored the film in it anyway...planning one day to replace it.

Well I finally got around to the task. I cut and folded a box from a template...scanned the original cover and spine...and with a little Photoshop magic my little film now has a beautiful new home and cover.

BEFORE
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200311_213138.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.4 KB ID:	5815

AFTER
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200311_212936.jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.6 KB ID:	5816
    Last edited by Janice Glesser; March 12, 2020, 12:55 AM.

Janice,

Great job! I've never had the pleasure of seeing this Castle Films release. Hmmm...what could it possibly be about?

Doug

Comment

Excellent job! I've been tinkering with replica Derann art to tidy up a few 70's favourites from my youth with sentimental value for me. This is a new white box remade art also in photoshop printed on semi gloss and popped into a shop to shrink wrap it for me. Nostalgia is a wonderful thing.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04723.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	5836

Comment

You folks should see us at CINESEA - Shorty

Comment

That's really great work, Janice! At first I wondered where you found the new cover.

I'm sure Elmer feels proud of his new home!

We probably have about 10 Bruins prints here. I bought all the R8 ones I could find for my son, found out the 16mm ones have sound, and then bought them all again!

They are like weeds: I often do E-bay searches like "16mm canoe", "16mm camping" and "8mm canoe", "8mm camping". The Bruins are the one result I can always count on.

I wish they'd continued the series into present times: "Three little Bruins get WiFi", "Three little Bruins join Facebook" and "Three little Bruins buy a Condo".
          Last edited by Steve Klare; March 12, 2020, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Joe when is Cinesea I may be able to send you a pre outtakes from Cinema in Miniature II to project? Main film is away for 2K scanning at the moment then striping but a few outtakes might be of interest for our USA friends.

Comment

Lee,

So as not to go off-topic here, I'll send you a PM about CineSea.

Doug

Comment

The Bruins films were very popular.. Castle issued eight different titles. Here is one to enjoy :-
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRzKB02TOAA

Maurice

Comment

Yes: they are kind of like "Carry On", just with Bears!

Comment

Maurice,

Thank you for the link. That's pretty action packed!

Lee,

The shrink wrap is a nice touch.

Doug

Comment

My little effort was inspired by John and his excellent new Walton boxes. I blame him

Comment

Nice job Janice! If you hadn't told us I would have thought that was the original box!

Comment

Thanks guys! My second Bruins film is a silent Three Little Bruins in the Woods.The quality on these films is excellent...great contrast.

Comment

Here is a list of the Castle 16mm releases:-

611 Three Little Bruins In The Woods
                            616 Three Little Bruins Make Mischief
                            619 Three Little Bruins In A Canoe
                            624 Three Little Bruins On A Spree
                            626 Three Little Bruins' Great Adventure
                            629 Three Little Bruins Go Camping
                            648 Three Little Bruins Make Friends
                            663 Bruins Go Arctic

My favourite is number 616. A lady has just finished her cooking of pies and cakes and leaves them to cool. The Bruins are attracted by the lovely smell and invade the kitchen to cause complete havoc.

Maurice

Comment

Working...
                            X