Movie King S-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie King S-8

Hello again, does anyone know what year the Sears Roebuck & Co Movie King S-8 projector is from? Thank you very much

Hi Rodrigo,

The movie-kings I see are older than Super-8 itself (1967). Maybe yours is Regular-8?

Can you post a picture?

Iā€™m a little surprised to see a Sears machine in Europe. Is this one something you already have or are considering buying?

Comment

Hi Steve, this is a new addition to the 8mm projector collection. I have not been able to find any information on its date. I'll upload pictures tomorrow if you can help me. Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

It is a regular 8mm projector. The "S8" is a model number. Pictures are at:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...-s8-1888399955

Comment

It is indeed that 8mm model, but does anyone know the approximate year of production? Thanks

Comment

Fotos

Comment

This one canā€™t be any newer than 1960, and probably much older than that. Itā€™s from a time before the Dawn of Plastic!

-nice looking machine: a classic really!

Comment

One of the main reasons why I decided to collect only 8mm projectors is precisely because during their production they didn't use plastic but bakelite

Comment

It looks like a Keystone projector from the 1930's/1940's. Sears used to have manufacturers re-brand their projectors as Sears. I believe Revere also made "Sears" projectors. It's just a hunch on my part, but it could be a starting point to do research.

Comment

Unfortunately Bakelite is considered to be the first plastic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakelite.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Gordon View Post
                      ....It looks like a Keystone projector from the 1930's/1940's...
                      It looks very much like the 1938 Keystone model J-8.
                      Keystone Model J-8 ā€“ Spare Part Finder ā€“ Van Eck Video Services (van-eck.net)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post
                        Unfortunately Bakelite is considered to be the first plastic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakelite.
                        But bakelite is more "elegant"

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
                          It is indeed very similar to some Keystone models. I have quite a few of them. Tomorrow I will send you pictures of some very similar ones.
                          You still have to investigate dates....

Comment

I'm curious what the ratings plate says. I don't think Sears sold these in Europe. (-but I don't know for sure one way or the other...)

If the plate says 115V then this machine is for North American use.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail_R8_Keystone.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.8 KB ID:	58806

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail_The Works_Keystone.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.7 KB ID:	58807

Keystone R-8 (1939)

-friends of ours bought a house and found this in the attic: I was the first person they thought of.

(Someday, I'll clean it up and plug it in!)

Comment

Steve, here is a close-up:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	123.8 KB ID:	58809

ps, My Keystone model E-65 works in Europe...it is hand crank and uses an ordinary lightbulb...or candle.

Comment

Working...
                              X