Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elmo ST-180 E - Belt Replacement Diagram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo ST-180 E - Belt Replacement Diagram?

Hi everyone,

Recently I obtained an old Elmo ST-180E Super-8 projector that the seller told me was working great. To my shock and disappointment, right as I turned it on, the belts snapped apart and upon opening the back panel, I found that they were incredibly old and worn to pieces.

I found a copy of the manual online, but there is no section that details how to replace the belts for this particular model. Does anyone here have experience with this Elmo model who could perhaps point me to a diagram or photo of what the interior with working belts should look like? Searching on YouTube has returned nothing.

Thank you!

Hi Aaron

Took a couple of photos today of the inside of mine. Its been years since I changed it, in saying that I cant remember how I did it, except I can't recall any problems doing it. At guess just to loosen the motor mount screws just a bit to fit the new belt. Also its easy to remove the flywheel to get at it belt, if you need to. What I did with replacing the belt itself I went with my sample in hand, to a O ring seal importer and they matched it up at the counter. The O ring seals were that cheap that I bought a couple of different sizes so its not to loose or to tight, that was the idea,

Anyway that's how I did it, all those old projector belts have had it, as you mentioned they just fall apart. Fitting a new one will last for years, well hopefully One Thing I would do at around the same time, is to use a couple of drops of 3:1 oil on the main shaft. The projector may have been sitting around for years, also if I remember right a tiny amount of lithium grease "the white stuff" on the cam where the claw arm runs on.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1250717.JPG Views:	0 Size:	66.5 KB ID:	58909
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1250718.JPG Views:	0 Size:	160.3 KB ID:	58910
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1250719.JPG Views:	0 Size:	173.3 KB ID:	58911

Comment

This is so great - thank you so much for your photos!

Comment

Your welcome

Comment

Working...
        X