No announcement yet.

CineSea 24 in Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe we screened a total of 24 films in Super 8, 16 & 35 on Saturday night. I wrote them down somewhere....

Comment

Sunday and Beyond

Well,
      Sunday at CineSea isn’t very exotic! Basically, we have to be out of our rooms and out of the meeting area at 11AM. There was enough time for breakfast out and Marvis Diner obliged once again.

We are at a special moment in the History of CineSea. The next one will be the 25th and this is kind of notable for an event that almost withered 11 years ago at #4. We definitely intend to make something special of this: I’m sure there will be a lot of brainstorming and work on it before then. Who knows what great ideas will become part of every CineSea as a result! (-after all: twelve years ago, the idea of a show Thursday night would have been absolutely unbelievable! -many of us woke up Saturday morning at home!)

-So we got in our cars and headed for the Parkway: some North, some South. One or two were only a few minutes from home anyway. We all got home and had stuff to bring inside, maybe plug back into our own cinemas, often to enjoy our prizes from the weekend once the sun set. Maybe I should only speak for myself, but I had a nice weekend away! -a little break from every day, and maybe that can make the every day a little better!

CineSea 24 is now history! -but Cinesea 25 is now set for Thursday-Sunday, October 6-9, 2022. We hope you will be there with us!

Click image for larger version  Name:	CineSeaTM.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	129.2 KB ID:	59334

Comment

Thank you, Steve!

Here are a few more pictures...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6647.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	140.0 KB ID:	59407

Peter Flynn & son Orson enjoying 20 Million Miles to Earth

Click image for larger version  Name:	Two Garys and an Evan.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	314.9 KB ID:	59408

Gary Sloan, Evan Samaras and Gary Crawford are caught up in Tweety and the Beanstalk

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220423_125530.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	195.8 KB ID:	59409

Shorty Caruso, Todd Tuckey & Eddie Anastasia. Obviously we screened one too many Stooges shorts the night before.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Shorty table 2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	195.9 KB ID:	59411
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Shorty table 3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	216.3 KB ID:	59410

Shorty's table

Click image for larger version  Name:	Dealers,Collectors.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	265.1 KB ID:	59412

Click image for larger version  Name:	24Dinner.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	115.8 KB ID:	59413

Comment

It happens Dom.
          We have Classics event the day after my film fair and another film event on the day of Classics here in the UK. I would have loved to go to the Sunday event but i play in the worship group at church.. what do you do.

Answer? Look forward to Blackpool!

Comment

Indeed...Cheers, Shorty

Comment

Wonderful to see this; excellent work, Steve. Now we come to the "Big 25" next time; something celebratory needs to be done.

Comment

Thanks, Claus!

I'm looking forward to "XXV" too!

In other news:
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3970.JPG Views:	0 Size:	77.5 KB ID:	59479

When you are up on the balconies at the Shalimar, you can see the sad remains of our old home, the former Ocean Holiday Motor Inn, diagonally across the street. I'm not not even sure why I took a new picture: it looks exactly the same as the last time I saw it six months ago, and a year earlier than that too! I heard that that great neon sign was headed for the Wildwood Historical Society, but even that hasn't moved.

If I ever get a dedicated home theater, I WILL fake a copy of that "HOSPITALITY ROOM" sign, just for old time's sake!

As I said earlier: the Shalimar's pool was dry.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3992.JPG Views:	0 Size:	118.6 KB ID:	59480

This weekend was not a highlight in the history of my model amphibious jeep project: not only was the pool dry as a bone, I...(you knowwww...) left it behind when I packed the car!

I did cook a steak on that barbecue, though!

Comment

Working...
                X