Sound of music 200ft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound of music 200ft?

Hey, I just saw something that I don't remember seeing before, a 200ft sound "Sound of Music". I hadn't seen this before. Is there any footage, not in the 400ft that is in the 200ft?

Hi Osi, The 200' Ken Films TSOM is a further cutdown of their 400' (actually a meager 320') digest. An interesting fact is that there are two edits from 1975. The original is quite choppy and includes the scene where young Rolf delivers a telegram for Cpt. Von Trapp to butler Franz, and a veiled conversation regarding the imminent Nazi invasion is discussed. The later (1976) re-edit is much more professional with dissolves and more complete musical numbers. The 1975 edit was only available in the original 7"X7" cardboard containers, while the 1976 edit was available both in cardboard and later clamshell packaging. A simple way to tell in the first few seconds which edit one is watching: 1975 has opening titles in the correct order: "The Sound of Music" then "Starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer." The 1976 re-edit flips these title cards, so that "The Sound of Music" appears exactly at the moment Julie Andrews sings these lyrics. Just some useless information!

Comment

Useless or not, it's good to know. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X